Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

3 hours ago, wheels said:

OK, I'm confused. You don't want to respond directly, yet

Once again, I have not repeated rumors. In fact what has upset me is that I tend to work hard at stating fact rather than rumor, unless I make a mistake like the wrong Cruise ship. 
Why single me out Scottie? It seems I am never allowed an opinion. I post less and less on Crew and am close to just not bothering anymore. So I am out of this topic.

Sorry wheels - I actually meant to write that I didn't want to appear that I was singling out you (or anyone) else but forgot in my haste to get out the door.  Guilty of my own self-imposed rules around posting and so you are right to call me out.  My sincere apologies again.

HT - agreed you can trust anything that comes out of China.  The truth will be somewhere in between

This video states the obvious, be mindful of the advice

and whilst some here do not like Slater (I have lost alot of respect for him in the way he has been running interference for NZF lately) but he has connections like you would not believe and is reporting stuff the main stream media is either holding back or not aware of

https://thebfd.co.nz/2020/03/random-impertinent-questions-for-the-government/

the test will be to see how much of what he is saying turns out to be true or false, and that will be clear in a couple of days.

Is this the first sign that the government is losing control? See in the comments section this is also occurring on the East Coast

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/03/123511.html

Several schools in Auckland have been closed. As other posters have said get ready for lock down, it is coming

does anyone know what "travel severely limited" under Level 4 means? People will still need to move around locally to visit supermarkets and pharmacies.

I was gob smacked driving from Sandspit to the city this morning just how many rental campervans are still on the road. I guess they had better get comfortable in them as they will not be going anywhere

Getting my boat back in the water tomorrow morning after a few frantic phone calls. 

The news out of China is good and it is largely real. Schools will begin reopening at the end of the month. (my son teaches in Qingdao)

Lot's more people on the streets, there is even traffic congestion and the pollution is coming back.

I travel to China a lot (over 60 visits, should be there now actually) and am in daily contact with about ten suppliers from a variety of provinces.

Several report life is right back to normal, others that progress is being made.

Will we get the same result here?

Depends on how the general population responds to the measures and just how many "covidiots" don't.

In China the massive social and government pressure worked, not at all certain here yet.

4 minutes ago, darkside said:

Getting my boat back in the water tomorrow morning after a few frantic phone calls. 

The news out of China is good and it is largely real. Schools will begin reopening at the end of the month. (my son teaches in Qingdao)

Lot's more people on the streets, there is even traffic congestion and the pollution is coming back.

I travel to China a lot (over 60 visits, should be there now actually) and am in daily contact with about ten suppliers from a variety of provinces.

Several report life is right back to normal, others that progress is being made.

Will we get the same result here?

Depends on how the general population responds to the measures and just how many "covidiots" don't.

In China the massive social and government pressure worked, not at all certain here yet.

Glad life is slowly returning to China.I can assure you this has made my mind up.Where ever possible not to buy anything made in China,just like a lot of soldiers did,refused to buy made in Japan. it will make no difference to them but personal satisfaction to my,because this will not be the end of diseases coming out of China.