Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

Well said.

Trump and moneyed America is already talking about the cure being worse than the disease and going back to work.

Medical people are saying lockdown should be extended. It is only 15days in US.

he has never stopped shaking hands.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-signals-growing-weariness-with-social-distancing-and-other-steps-advocated-by-health-officials/2020/03/23/0920ea0a-6cfc-11ea-a3ec-70d7479d83f0_story.html

This is a real "Claytons" lockdown now.I thought the GOVT was serious but now we have ,The Warehouse Noel Lemmings Dominos(delivery) Our Truck Builder and the wifes (she works at)finance company open,deemed essential??

At least the police have said no mindless travelling,you will get stopped and checked,no towing boat/caravan etc

Interesting, Coast Guard now telling us we should not be going boating

https://elink.clickdimensions.com/m/1/47062841/02-b20083-7340a6fa36c9468ab6676f38399e60d9/1/470/23af37e5-c1dc-4084-abbc-c754eabb7caf

I am a member but am becoming a bit tired of their mindset. The vast majority of their callouts are for fizzboats that have run out of fuel or have flat batteries. I am not criticising the dedicated volunteer crews, my brother is one, but the corporate message with all this "saving lives at sea" (copied from the RNLI) is over doing it.

If the weather looks nice I expect to spend a few days hanging around Kawau, always keeping my distance from other boats

44 minutes ago, harrytom said:

This is a real "Claytons" lockdown now.I thought the GOVT was serious but now we have ,The Warehouse Noel Lemmings Dominos(delivery) Our Truck Builder and the wifes (she works at)finance company open,deemed essential??

At least the police have said no mindless travelling,you will get stopped and checked,no towing boat/caravan etc

I understand the hardware chains, Mitre 10, Bunnings, Placemakers etc are also pushing for essential service recognition????

42 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

Interesting, Coast Guard now telling us we should not be going boating

https://elink.clickdimensions.com/m/1/47062841/02-b20083-7340a6fa36c9468ab6676f38399e60d9/1/470/23af37e5-c1dc-4084-abbc-c754eabb7caf

I am a member but am becoming a bit tired of their mindset. The vast majority of their callouts are for fizzboats that have run out of fuel or have flat batteries. I am not criticising the dedicated volunteer crews, my brother is one, but the corporate message with all this "saving lives at sea" (copied from the RNLI) is over doing it.

If the weather looks nice I expect to spend a few days hanging around Kawau, always keeping my distance from other boats

I though the formal requirement was to " Stay at home"

Not "Stay at home, unless you feel like going out sailing, ` cause thats ok""

image.png

exactly "ED" but NZ is a Nation of selfish A Holes who think are above the rest of us.When   4 weeks has passed and we enter another 4 weeks bet those same A holes will come out saying The Govt didnt do enough!!

batch/holiday has been ruled out as place to stay as temptation to venture is too great.But then likes of BP have no option as there boat is there home.

The requirement is to stay isolated.

For most, that means stay at home. For some that may mean stay at the batch/holiday home or for us fortunate ones, stay on the boat. No raft ups, boat visits, etc. Stay within your quarantine group. Likely a family. For me, just me and the admiral. Will not make a dammed bit of difference to the quarantine if we do that at home or afloat. We will still be strictly quarantined.