Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

18 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

You are allowed to drive to the supermarket.  What if you have an accident or breakdown? 

Getting food is considered essential. Sailing isn’t.

I was feeling optimistic about what this lockdown might achieve. But from what I’ve seen and heard today around Auckland plus some of self-justified arguments for rule-breaking here, I now have grave doubts.

5 minutes ago, Aleana said:

Getting food is considered essential. Sailing isn’t.

I was feeling optimistic about what this lockdown might achieve. But from what I’ve seen and heard today around Auckland plus some of self-justified arguments for rule-breaking here, I now have grave doubts.

Yep be prepared for 8 weeks

I’ve done lots of driving today and listened to lots of radio. And I’ve heard numerous officials all same the same thing in their own words: stay at home! The exceptions are food shopping, getting medical help or going for a walk / exercise.

It’s not a polite request or a suggestion but a direct instruction. And they’ve given us fair warning that the police and army will be patrolling and asking people what they are doing. And if they don’t like what they hear they will at best ask you to go home or at worst exercise today’s new emergence powers.

How much clearer could it be?!!!

Would this be ok.  Due to no driving lessons,can or would I be able to take my son(who lives in same house)out for a lesson or 2.If we do  not stop(get out of car) would that be ok??

I do not see a problem but some might.

Still plenty of boats transiting Whangarei heads / ngunguru bay . Can currently see a 50 something looks like a Warwick motor north . What looks like a salthouse 50 being towed south by a tugboat . Also a 35/40 sloop sailing north .

have seen at least 20 yachts and about 5 launches going north today . Quite a few of those were in pairs 

31 minutes ago, harrytom said:

Would this be ok.  Due to no driving lessons,can or would I be able to take my son(who lives in same house)out for a lesson or 2.If we do  not stop(get out of car) would that be ok??

I’ve heard someone on the radio today say it’s ok to go for a drive around your local area. Can’t remember who it was.

44 minutes ago, harrytom said:

No - getting food or going to the doctor is essential - Driving lessons aren't

What if you have an accident, or the car breaks down?

Edited by Puff

Guest 000

Lots of grey areas with these regulations. Supposedly we are not allowed to go kayaking for an hour or two because (1) it is assumed that we would have to drive our kayaks down to the beach and that is not permitted and (2) the Coastguard would get a bit peeved if they had to come and rescue us. 

The reality.

Our kayaking activities are for exercise and  limited to the Whangamata harbour which is 30m from our front door thereby eliminating the  need for a car, and secondly, if we did capsize , if the kayak disintegrated or suddenly disappeared in a puff of smoke,  well  we'd just walk home. Apart from a very narrow channel it's hard  to find more than 1.4m of water in our harbour so I don't think  we'd be in any position to give the coastguard any employment.     So what to do?