Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

4 hours ago, marinheiro said:

just gob smacking that up until yesterday our borders were still not being properly controlled

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/03/20000_arrivals_not_being_tested.html

with the government/authorities knowing for weeks how the virus was entering the country

DPF suggests that 20,000 will have arrived since closure was annouced - the vast majority of them will be returning citizens and residents.  Are you seriouisly suggesting we should test and quarantine all 20000 as they come into the country until their test result comes back? I don't think there has been 20000 tests in general public let alone just at the border.

At a personal level I don't like or particularly ageee with the message but the message is pretty clear.  Assume you have the virus.  Go home and stay home for 30 days.  If you feel well then go out as necessary for food, pharma and exercise but no more.  If you don't feel well stay home and ask someone to get stuff for you.  If you feel really unwell call healthline or 111.  Sadly this is the approach that our democratically elected Government has chosen to deal with the issue.  You can hold them to account at the next election - whenever that might be!

2 hours ago, 000 said:

I note that you are still replying with derogatory terminology and innuendo which is not helpful. It is tempting to respond in a similar vein but this would be contrary to my own code of ethics with regard to forum usage.

The poster who said that is scared, many are, and when people are scared they often make ill considered and usually inaccurate statements, which they certainly have in relation to this and your comments. That poster is far from alone, there are many making similar ill considered inaccurate comments in this thread.

So '000' I would ask you to remember back only a day or 3 when you told me something about some of the posters here on Crew and how to deal with the few miscreants or serial dickheads, pick which description you feel is most appropriate, I have ;) I would like to implore you to take the advice you gave me and apply it to yourself. As a sign of how much I believe that I have gone as far as to come back into the vipers pit to post this plea, forget the dickheads and please continue with your wise and sage advice, humorous comments, awesome blogging on canal life and your general positive view of life. 

For those struggling to use their own brain lets break down the messaging.

'Lock down' and 'Stay at home', 2 very simple messages aimed at the simple, those unable to understand/comprehend/ work out what the medicals need us to do to stop this arse of a bug. Does that mean if you open your back door you will be shot or die bleeding from the eyes? of course not. The Govt has said nothing even remotely like that, in fact they have said get out and take a walk, take a ride, run with your dog, that is fine and good to help beat the virus AS LONG AS you observe the 2 main and most important messages.

One is 'Bubble'.  By now you should have created your bubble in which you MUST stay for the next 4 weeks. That bubble is basically a simulated force field a minimum of 2 metres from your flash. It does not end at the back door, it moves with you. Inside your bubble for many are family, I have the Wa, D2 and the hairy creature that is D2 shadow, and that's fine AS LONG AS no one pops our collective bubble or any of us pops anyones bubble be it a solo or collective bubble. The 'bubble' is a vital part in the fight to stop human to human spread of the virus so do whatever you do but ensure the bubble, yours or anyone elses is not infringed. THAT IS THE PRIMARY MESSAGE THE GOVT AND MEDICALS ARE TRYING TO GET THE STUPID TO COMPREHEND, separation stops the spread.

The other is 'Essential'. Essential means what 'must' or 'needs' to happen it does not mean what you 'want' to happen. 2 examples based on me and my plans -

"I feel like going for a bike motorbike ride" and equally 'I want to go for a sail' -  No I can't do either as it is a 'want' not a 'need'.

But then "Me and the Wa are going north to the farm on Monday for a couple of days" and we will do that at least three times during the next month, maybe maybe depending on how a few expectant mums are looking. That is acceptable inside the guidelines as we can do that while maintaining our bubble and it is essential. As there is no dwelling there (building was due to start on Monday, bugger!) and I'm not living in a 3 sided hay barn for a month, it does mean we need to travel up and back, 140k each way.

I zizzed up and back yesterday to do a check and as an exercise I did the entire trip inside my 'bubble', including refuelling. I used a pay at the pump capable gas station and spray on sanitiser. Sprayed the key pad and handle with it before touching and again after touching.  But I won't use that method again as it involved a Ducati Multistrada, gravel roads and a wrist that has control problems so could mean a splat which is not what anyone needs for the next wee while. We will use the 4 wheeled wagon and do so with lots of extra caution. Once on the farm our bubble which is currently 20mts odd will become 1000mts. The ONLY thing that may pop our bubble while going up and back will be some muppet of a Plod. I intent to tape on the door of the wagon a sign explaining that so if stopped there is no reason for any bubbles to be popped, ours or the plods.

So not so much 'step outside your house and the world will end' crap, that is simply not true, it is a messaging technique aimed at the dumb and/or those who do not understand what the while process it about and trying to achieve.

And for those who are wanking on about going for a walk to the beach is bad but going to the supermarket is OK, have you actually thought that through in the context of what we all are trying to achieve? No you haven't as where is the most likely place your bubble will be popped or you will pop someone elses? At the beach or in a supermarket, use you brains you muppets, the supermarket visit is the most likely place transmission of the virus is likely to happen for 98% of us.

000, please reconsider your last statement. While I haven't been here for a while now it's taken bugger all to see the woke do appear on the rise sadly so your sanity is needed to help keep common sense alive.

Pretty quiet on the coast today . Schooner rugged junk and 40ft French production boat travelling north . One boat each went out from Pataua and taiharuru estuaries and are fishing . Two boats out from sugarloaf rocks game fishing . Zero boats on bream bay fishing or the hen and chicks as far as I can see and no fizzers on Whangarei harbour . 

2 minutes ago, 44forty said:

Gday knot me , thought of you yesterday cause there was an eccentric old chap burbling round the mountain last night at dusk in a pimped out 70s Skyhawk 

Eccentric is subjective, I prefer the term enthusiastic ;)

Old can be measured. I'm younger than most think but I do suffer having a very well used face.

A Skyhawk, Oh hell yes but sadly one is beyond both my bank account and skill level. Not that that would stop me if you wanted to lend me yours :)

39 minutes ago, ScottiE said:

DPF suggests that 20,000 will have arrived since closure was annouced - the vast majority of them will be returning citizens and residents.  Are you seriouisly suggesting we should test and quarantine all 20000 as they come into the country until their test result comes back? I don't think there has been 20000 tests in general public let alone just at the border.

At a personal level I don't like or particularly ageee with the message but the message is pretty clear.  Assume you have the virus.  Go home and stay home for 30 days.  If you feel well then go out as necessary for food, pharma and exercise but no more.  If you don't feel well stay home and ask someone to get stuff for you.  If you feel really unwell call healthline or 111.  Sadly this is the approach that our democratically elected Government has chosen to deal with the issue.  You can hold them to account at the next election - whenever that might be!

Yes, there should be a proper screening process (temperature testing, quick medical checks and review of persons' travels) in place at the airports, people can quickly be put into 3 categories, high med and low risk. Low's send home, high's to quarantine and mediums spend a little more time to confirm where they should re classified, test and quarantine if necessary.

New Zealand is now up to 283 cases whilst Taiwan which has been dealing with this since January has 235 cases. They screened everyone coming into their country. NZ should have been doing this weeks ago, the writing was clearly on the wall! 

2 minutes ago, 44forty said:

Cessna not a Douglas ! 

Always aim big  :)

Strangely I do fly Cessna Skyhawks a lot but the head went hard jet and never once considered propeller. It is indeed crazy days.

55 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

(Chrisc)...forget the dickheads and please continue with your wise and sage advice, humorous comments, awesome blogging on canal life and your general positive view of life. 

+1