Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

The PM is instructing Dr's to get on and test, so Wheel's, I expect (and hope) your friends experience will change, and rapidly. It is basic logic that you can't detect community transmission if you don't test people in the community, but they are currently saying they don't need to test people in the community because there is no community transmission............................................ anyone spot the flaw in that logic?

Personally I think that was poor advice she was given (to go back to working at a school), but I'm not a medical professional.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2020/03/17/1086633/pm-to-doctors-test-more-people-for-covid-19

On a side note, I booked a regular routine GP appointment today, I was asked multiple questions before they would take a booking, any cough, fever, any flu symptoms at all, had I traveled anywhere at all etc. I'm never keen to hang out in a Dr's waiting room at the best of times, even less so now, but the measures my GP is going to is reassuring to an extent.

This is a good start: Tourist being deported.

She was going to be in the country for 2 weeks, booked into a dorm in a backpackers, when she got there asked for a private room.

Disappointing she wasn't stopped at the airport, but something is better than nothing.

The best thing is that all the chatter on the backpacker forums will go from "NZ is a soft touch, just do what you want"... to "Be a dick and you will get deported, meaning you can't get into fairly much any other country, ever again".

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120344713/coronavirus-tourist-to-be-deported-from-nz-for-having-no-plans-to-selfisolate

Well, I had hoped that we might be able to scarper at speed on the Pogo if it got bad but two things are currently preventing that:

1. Border to France is closed. 

2. France is closed.No way to get boat from yard to water without yard crew... :(

Luckily the cellar is full of food and wine. Little short on olives and truffles so the Zombies will have make do with the standard welcoming apéro when they come knocking...

Just reading "Westhaven news" "you may not self isolate on your boat" at least for no more than 1 night, have to anchor out instead, perhaps.

That’s immoral and I reckon unenforceable. I doubt the Police or Govt would support the removal of a boat / owner who was responsively self-isolating on the berth. I reckon the Govt would tell Auck Council to tell Westhaven Mgt to pull their head in and do their bit for the greater social cause. If I was self-isolating living on a berth at Westhaven I wouldn’t let some jobsworth security guard asking me to move on worry me - in these extraordinary times.