Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

1 hour ago, Above-the-Fold said:

To me, the odd part is right at the top. Any doctor ought to know that RNA is a polymeric molecule composed of nucleic acids, NOT a protein. The virus -- like all viruses -- hijacks the mechanism of its target cells to make copies of itself but that's not usually described as a "mutation." And while the target cells ( those that have a molecule known as angiotensin converting enzyme on their surface) do begin making copies of the virus, they aren't really converted into "aggressor and multiplier cells" -- they just keep pumping out copies of the virus and eventually are disrupted, spilling new viral particles out into the body to start the whole process again.

Interesting you say that. In fact in the original article I found that, the writer stated it as DNA, not RNA. I actually corrected it myself. The other point you have said quite correctly also. The post I am hoping IT will post for me in fact says exactly as you stated. It took me a long while to write and I don't really want to write it all again as I will likely forget what I covered.
As Scottie says, it is likely fake, but there is still enough practical info in it that is correct and thus worth reading. How the thing replicates and what it is I figured not important against the rest of the info

All the fake emails doing the rounds have at least 50% correct info in them to throw you off the scent.

And  once people receive them and start ‘correcting them’ and re-posting you’ve got a lethal mutation of a viral email about a virus!

Have at it!

COVID-19 Vaccine Test Begins
U.S. researchers gave the first shot, to the first person, in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday.
With a careful jab in a healthy volunteer's arm, scientists at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute, in Seattle, begin an anxiously awaited first-stage study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine, developed in record time, after the new virus exploded from China and fanned across the globe.
Three others were next in line, for a test that will ultimately give 45 volunteers two doses, a month apart.
Monday's milestone marked just the beginning, of a series of studies in people, needed to prove whether the shots are safe, and could work. Going from not even knowing that this virus was out there → to have any vaccine in testing in about two months is unprecedented!
Even if the research goes well, a vaccine wouldn't be available for widespread use for 12 to 18 months.

This vaccine candidate, code-named mRNA-1273, was developed by the NIH and Massachusetts-based biotechnology company, Moderna Inc.
Most of the vaccine research, underway globally, targets a protein aptly named "spike", that studs the surface of the coronavirus, and lets it invade human cells. Block that protein and people won't get infected.
Researchers at the NIH copied the section of the virus's genetic code that contains the instructions for cells to create the spike protein. Moderna encased that "messenger RNA" into a vaccine.
The idea: The body will become a mini-factory, producing some harmless spike protein. When the immune system spots the foreign protein, it will make antibodies to attack — and be primed to react quickly if the person later encounters the real virus.
That's a much faster way of producing a vaccine than the traditional approach of growing virus in the lab and preparing shots from either killed or weakened versions of it.

It's not the only potential vaccine in the pipeline. Dozens of research groups around the world are racing to create a vaccine against COVID-19. Another candidate, made by Inovio Pharmaceuticals, is expected to begin its own safety study — in the United States, China and South Korea — next month

Just had a courier drop off a package at home. It contains a pile of serious looking masks and other anti-covid stuff.

The package was sent to us by one of our chinese suppliers on Tuesday and at no cost. We also got a email from another yesterday who said they have also sent us gear after hearing NZ has such sh*t supply.

In the one just arrived there is a note apologising they couldn't include the 20 gallons of sanitiser due to restrictions on flying the stuff. 20 gallons, that's 75lts holy crap. But it makes me wonder if the chinese, who have been there and got that already, think that's the quantity needed then the total amount we managed to find, 100mls, suddenly seems even more inadequate.

Oh well, lets get the scrub cutter out, I feel like causing some carnage.

2.5 down, 25.5 to go.