Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

1 hour ago, marinheiro said:

The government has been lying right from the start of the virus outbreak. Remember 2 days ago no one was in intensive care, yesterday it was announced one person had been in intensive care for several days, today it was announced 2 people are in intensive care and one is fighting for their life.

Now censorship is starting

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2020/03/govt_closes_down_all_non_daily_newspapers.html

this is outrageous and totally unnecessary. Next it will opinion columnists, bloggers and then forums like this. Our country is heading for very dark times.....

If you are swallowing David Farrars right wing garbage you definitely have contracted a sensibility virus.

7 minutes ago, Zozza said:

Hi marinheiro, I thinks its more to do with not spreading the virus by keeping periodicals that are still hand delivered out of the system until the virus ends.
I don't think there is any deep dark conspiracy to ban journalism.  If there were, the biggest media threat to the Labour party would also be banned, being NZME group, consisting of NZ Herald and NEwstalk ZB.  Mike Hosking, for example, makes his living talking and writing about what a terrible government Labour is.

does not stand up for me, fair enough about not spreading the virus, but if that is their sole concern then very simple to advise that no one issues printed copies, just on line, which just about everyone already does. You cannot tell me that say the Herald/Dominion Post/Otago daily Times is any less likely to be contaminated than your local Community News?

Do not forget that NZME and Fairfax are trying to convince the government to overturn the Commerce Commission's refusal to allow them to merge. I am sure if they behave in a "reliable" way during this crisis then the merger will be allowed to go ahead.

Australia is really showing it’s true colours regarding extending the hand of kindness and assistance to their self proclaimed ANZAC cousins.

Not satisfied denying long term resident Kiwis access to welfare relief now this.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120653206/coronavirus-new-zealanders-stuck-in-peru-axed-from-charter-flight-lifeline

43 minutes ago, Priscilla II said:

If you are swallowing David Farrars right wing garbage you definitely have contracted a sensibility virus.

Show me the report is wrong!

I don't think we can rely on the left wing purveyors of the "truth" such as Stuff when they publish sensationalist stories such as this

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120604818/new-model-shows-coronavirus-could-kill-80000-kiwis-without-lockdown

full of contradictions and misrepresentations. Then of course there is their censorship on people with opinions that does not fit their editorial policy.

Not surprising Fairfax (their owner) are trying to flog it off

1 hour ago, marinheiro said:

does not stand up for me, fair enough about not spreading the virus, but if that is their sole concern then very simple to advise that no one issues printed copies, just on line, which just about everyone already does. You cannot tell me that say the Herald/Dominion Post/Otago daily Times is any less likely to be contaminated than your local Community News?

Do not forget that NZME and Fairfax are trying to convince the government to overturn the Commerce Commission's refusal to allow them to merge. I am sure if they behave in a "reliable" way during this crisis then the merger will be allowed to go ahead.

Hope not.  'Stuff' would then be behind a paywall too, if not dissapear all together to be just left with the Herald.  That is an awful thought.

3 hours ago, Zozza said:

Hi marinheiro, I thinks its more to do with not spreading the virus by keeping periodicals that are still hand delivered out of the system until the virus ends.
I don't think there is any deep dark conspiracy to ban journalism.  If there were, the biggest media threat to the Labour party would also be banned, being NZME group, consisting of NZ Herald and NEwstalk ZB.  Mike Hosking, for example, makes his living talking and writing about what a terrible government Labour is.

The Hosk is their token liberal, a Trojan horse, or wolf in Designer sheep wool clothing. If NZME is right of centre the I'm a neo fascist atheist (i'm not by the way - just in case one of Jax or H1 or H2's hench thingies is reading)!

10 hours ago, marinheiro said:

The government has been lying right from the start of the virus outbreak. Remember 2 days ago no one was in intensive care, yesterday it was announced one person had been in intensive care for several days, today it was announced 2 people are in intensive care and one is fighting for their life.

I agree with BP,  but before that happens, sorry Marineheiro, you are quite incorrect. We have known about the person in ICU for several days. In fact right since they went into the Hospital. The Gvt is certainly not censoring such information. The may not have been reported in whatever you read and listen to, or maybe you missed it,  but it was certainly news here. It has only been the last day or so since they went seriously down hill and perhaps why the story may have gone more nationwide than local. The only thing that has not been reported is personal info due to Privacy.

In times of big stress most people who have worked themselves in a leadership position of power do tend to step up and do OK. So those who are wapping on 'JA saves us all but SB would kill us all' or 'Aren't we lucky to have JK and not HC' are obliviously only tribal drones whose opinion is very clouded, generally to the point it's useless. They are unsupportable statements and can not be made based on the facts.

So why waste ya time making them?

I have no doubt any PM we have had for the last 30 years or any we could have today, JA, SB, JS and even the dodgy old thief himself WP, would go hard to do the best they could in the circumstances and that best would be generally OK. Sure one or 2 certainly present better in front of the media than the others but who cares what the dog looks/barks like as long as it gets the sheep into the pen. 

3 hours ago, wheels said:

I agree with BP,  but before that happens, sorry Marineheiro, you are quite incorrect. We have known about the person in ICU for several days. In fact right since they went into the Hospital. The Gvt is certainly not censoring such information. The may not have been reported in whatever you read and listen to, or maybe you missed it,  but it was certainly news here. It has only been the last day or so since they went seriously down hill and perhaps why the story may have gone more nationwide than local. The only thing that has not been reported is personal info due to Privacy.

I follow Radio NZ'  rolling update, as well as shock horror, having a look at Stuff and the Herald's web site from time to time. You may well have had it reported locally (hence the need to keep local media running), but it was not reported nationally.