Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

16 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

I follow Radio NZ'  rolling update, as well as shock horror, having a look at Stuff and the Herald's web site from time to time. You may well have had it reported locally (hence the need to keep local media running), but it was not reported nationally.

Lots if cases are not reported nationally. But they are reported. There is no Gvt cover up. They are reported in the Gvt website that shows cases around the Country for a starter.
And I wouldn't trust anything ever reported in the Herald or on Stuff anymore. Stuff has gone from a great news site when it started, to little more than a gossip mag

16 minutes ago, Maté said:

When you view the world through a red lense, everything appears red even if its not. Whats required right now is solidarity, not division. 

It is one thing to show solidarity to beat this , but that does not mean the government/authorities cannot be questioned about their actions and announcements.This is called democracy.

Consider this one of many inconsistent reports,

https://coronavirusnz.wordpress.com/2020/03/28/how-can-kiwis-recover-if-they-didnt-have-the-virus/

57 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

In times of big stress most people who have worked themselves in a leadership position of power do tend to step up and do OK. So those who are wapping on 'JA saves us all but SB would kill us all' or 'Aren't we lucky to have JK and not HC' are obliviously only tribal drones whose opinion is very clouded, generally to the point it's useless. They are unsupportable statements and can not be made based on the facts.

So why waste ya time making them?

I wasnt aware of anyone mentioning anything about JA or SB or JK doing a good or poor job.. maybe I missed it? Or you are having this conversation all by yourself?

Seeing as you bought it up though do you think most of the other leaders are looking OK stepping up in this time of high stress?

Borris? Trump? Morrison? Mattarella?

11 minutes ago, Sabre said:

I wasnt aware of anyone mentioning anything about JA or SB or JK doing a good or poor job.. maybe I missed it? Or you are having this conversation all by yourself?

Seeing as you bought it up though do you think most of the other leaders are looking OK stepping up in this time of high stress?

Borris? Trump? Morrison? Mattarella?

It was just an example of a common political argument many like to use in troubled times, like another very similar also very common version has popped up this morning, and the pointlessness of them for anyone bar the good little drones doing their political parties bidding, not unlike you are doing in your post ;) 

Leaders like PM's and Presidents are figureheads, spokes people, the pretty face fronting the machine. All current leaders are doing 'Real Good' or 'Bloody hopeless' or 'Tis what it tis', which one will depend on your ability to think pragmatically, something  most seem unable to do or as is more common these days, something most have been trained not to do.

But all will be doing their best in the best manner they see fit according to the large amounts of advice they will be seeking and getting.

Mattarella - is that a person, it sounds more like a cheese.

On 27/03/2020 at 9:09 PM, Dtwo said:

Well back KM,Jacinda has followed what the medical team have advised,If she had gone sooner we  would of moaned, gone too late we moan but she is ahead of "Trump" I want the churches full at Easter. Morrison,Hmm let me think on that.Top marks for Jacinda so far. We can only beat this if we follow what we are advised to do. Had a talk to a policeman few minutes ago,where are you going and where do live,all good as far as I am concerned. Karaka bridge Papakura,yep going to Z for mower fuel,he watched my return

Dr Ashley Bloomfield defines an official recovery as having been symptom-free of Covid-19 for 14 days.

14 days ago NZ had only 8 confirmed cases.

7 days ago NZ had 52 cases. How is it possible that we now have 50 official recoveries?

I am interested how Australia has less new cases per day than New Zealand on a per capita basis (yesterday that had approx 190 new, we had about 80 - a bit over double yet Australia have 5 times the population) - environmental factor (hotter climate?) or testing factor maybe?

Sadly Dr. Bloomfield is exacerbating the madness that we currently have in this country. Not his fault really - just a function of the clinician bubble he has isolated himself into. 

In reporting NZ’s first fatality “linked to Covid19” he noted that the woman in her 70’ was initially diagnosed with influenza also complicated by an “underlying chronic health condition”.  The press are now running round with their heads barely attached screaming that someone died “of Covid19”.  She could have died of any of a number of diseases.  

A friend of my father’s, an Alzheimer’s sufferer died after contracting a virus that killed him the week before last because of his reduced immune system as a consequence of the medication he was on.  Bloody terrrible, but I don’t Dr. Bloomfield reporting that death.

The spike in increased deaths in this country for the year is likely to be close to zilch regardless of what we do.

9 hours ago, bigal.nz said:

Dr Ashley Bloomfield defines an official recovery as having been symptom-free of Covid-19 for 14 days.

14 days ago NZ had only 8 confirmed cases.

7 days ago NZ had 52 cases. How is it possible that we now have 50 official recoveries?

I am interested how Australia has less new cases per day than New Zealand on a per capita basis (yesterday that had approx 190 new, we had about 80 - a bit over double yet Australia have 5 times the population) - environmental factor (hotter climate?) or testing factor maybe?

Maybe we have poor hygiene, colder conditions, poor self isolation, and a slow moving government caught in the headlight with one eye on the economy and big business!..  

The big lessons to learn out of this, so far,  are...

1. Spread your production and imports reliance away from China.

2. Humans ...STOP doing dodgy stuff with non farmed animals. (Eating and shagging)

3. Governments need income from things other than tourism ... 

4. Ensure you do not need to survive on imports. Start building stuff in NZ so we have the infrastructure yo do so.

5. Have robust processes and systems in place to lock down the borders fast.

6. Forget trusting people with self isolation.

7. Close borders early and go hard on lock down then ease back .

8. Diversify you banking sector away from Aussie. If they crash we crash.

9. Be wary of cruise ship hygiene.

10. Prioritize Govt spending on Need not Want... (medical not cruise ship berths, hospitals not prisons...)

11. Planes spread disease quickly.

12...  Add your own