Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

7 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

To HT, sorry the software won't let me quote you, no idea why but it did it the other day as well.

Firstly as I don't move to the other side of the YC bar when changing topics or talk breakfast at one end of the kitchen but dinner only at the other, plus I regard all comments here pretty much as chatting in a bar or kitchen so you'll have to excuse my struggle with yet another of Crews very artifical unlife like quirks. Like this random emoji thing that's popped up and will not delete or the inability to write 'The' at the start if the next para or the spell checker randomly changing words to what appears to be Mongolian Spanglish.👍

he number 6 was pulled out of my bum just for shits n giggles. It gave at least one person something new to ponder for a minute or so when under house arrest ;) But that is not saying a number here do very much appear well over the top in fascist desires when there is a far bigger end goal required.

What is more important?

A - stopping all movement of people

B - Narking on someone going about a perfectly safe and proven so action

C - stopping physical interaction between humans

I'll give you a hint, its C and ONLY C.

So as long as that happens while being more cautious about how we each do possible edgyish things then what's the f**king problem?

The Accidents and etc calls are like the PMs sales pitch that if you looked over at the neighbour 30,000 would die, they are nothing but prime grade a export quality spin. The stats show boating is FAR safer than ladders to name one simple very very common item found in all homes. With everyone stuck at home ladders are far far more likely to cause an accident than someone out cruzing on their boat. Have you heard a call not to use a ladder? What about the kitchen jug or your sex toys? Both cause more doctors visits than considered boating. Yeap sex toys, it came out about 3 months ago as WTF as it is, yet rather amusing. I can name a shitload more examples of how being house bound is far more dangerous than boating, so can ACC and they have big lists. Also consider boating call outs, what are the majority? I've run out if fuel, my motor is broken I need a tow like things. Are those the realm of considered cruisers or tin fizz nasties? Who is out  there cruisers or tin fizz nasties?

It seems basic common sense has been replaced with wildly inaccurate speculation and spin bigger than the plant earth.

What we all have to do is very simple, DO NOT GET IN EACH OTHERS PHYSICAL SPACES. It can be done many ways as long as you are wise and take a little extra caution. It can also be done in Bon Accord just as effectively as it can be in your dunny.

The problem is rules need to be made according to the lowest common denominator - that is not most people on here...but nevertheless it has to be the same for everyone.

13 minutes ago, bigal.nz said:

The problem is rules need to be made according to the lowest common denominator - that is not most people on here...but nevertheless it has to be the same for everyone.

Agree. If everyone was left to manage themselves as they saw fit we would end up in a very different place

58 minutes ago, bigal.nz said:

Agree . Imagine telling a high school that the sailing team was allowed to go sailing but the rest of the sports people had to do a free period in the classroom .

there are hundreds of diverse outdoor pastimes in this country involving 100s of thousands of people       on      Any       One         Day  .     Imagine the transmission opportunity if we all went out over a month . Many would cross paths including us sailors    On       The     Way   And    Way    Back     From   The.  Boat .  At the ponce or red beach or hobsonville supermarket . At the gassy or fuel dock , at tryphena or opua or Russell store with the fishos tourists and other outdoor buggers having a lockdown holiday .

its pretty fockin simple and a way bigger picture than just being miles away in your boat from someone else and not needing help from the coasties .

Is it time for the ARMY to be called in and activated??

Police claim to be stretched

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/120981748/six-people-arrested-for-fighting-at-auckland-party-during-lockdown?fbclid=IwAR0y6Y083DqBogez_76KRO6g7WXbJzz4q6bU3LC4r7V08UO2hi0ZFw9FHqU

But while that fight was being dealt with, the police were unable to attend other reported breaches of the lockdown, including a large party in Papakura in which van loads of people were arriving from outside the local bubble.

Police are being stretched for resources as thousand of calls come through about parties and other breaches of the nationwide lockdown.

NZ has talked to a man who reported the large gathering of people at a house party in Papakura overnight, but police failed to show.

On Saturday afternoon, cars and van loads of people started turning up to the house.

The neighbour first called the 105 police non-emergency line, and was told an officer would attend as soon as possible.

No officers attended the house until Sunday afternoon after questions were sent through by RNZ.

44 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

An article based on image and media spin versus substance from current "world comparison" data, versus the timelines the virus hit each country.

And who judges good leadership halfway thru a crisis. ... You can only judge the end result not the half time score...  You can however compare systems and processes between countries, versus what each is trying to achieve. ...and Cindy want the Virus gone...  Good luck with that !

Also, its easy to look good when you run an isolated country where the delay of getting the virus allows you time to assess other countries and make plans. That's luck not great leadership.

Put Cindy in charge of Italy in real time...

That would be a cluster!... And she could never spin her way out of that.

It's a bit like when people praise CEOs of monopolies for making huge profits....

... I never see these so called legends putting their hands up to run NZ Rail.

Sailing NZ you remind me so much of a member on another site Fizfisho. Are you not him??? Offers no real substance to a discussion.

BP  I tend to agree on the leadership.she certainly standing by on the advice she recieves.

6 minutes ago, harrytom said:

Sailing NZ you remind me so much of a member on another site Fizfisho. Are you not him??? Offers no real substance to a discussion.

BP  I tend to agree on the leadership.she certainly standing by on the advice she recieves.

I don't often agree with Sailing NZ, but I there is some merit in what he says. Ardern's not all bad, but here is some perspective:

NZ are in the position we are in due to Ardern following the advice of experts,  which by some accounts she has been doing reluctantly....read on:

There is rumor that on Friday the 13th March Arden and Bloomfield had harsh words. Bloomfield offered his resignation effective immediately if Arden went ahead with the Christchurch memorial service. If that's true, Ardern is having to be pushed into doing the correct thing over running a public event where she would score political points.

Then there is the issue of transparency - government were not transparent on why the testing criteria was so tight initially, why they didn't quarantine everyone coming across the border initially, no explanation given for yesterdays 18 (see the negative numbers on the MoH tally, it wasn't really 18).

What was the problem with government admitting that in the early days we didn't have the testing capacity, or that we didn't have the resources to quarantine everyone coming across the border?

Bloomfield deserves more of the credit IMHO.

2 hours ago, harrytom said:

Maybe you should open the right eye when you read.

That eye probably has better clarity, common sense, optics on reality, and logic. 

HT, my posts are all substance and very little posturing. They are also have data to back then up.