Zozza

Covid 19 - Are you ready to raise sail outa here...?

Schools should be locked down now too.   I really don't get it.  Let thousands of kids go to school, then go home each day -- it's just defying all the reason of sanity....in my opinion.

Yeah, its going to make things tough for people with kids who need to work -- tough.  We need to break the back of this virus first -- then worry about the economics afterwards.
Not much point in worrying about money if you or your loved ones die or are responsible for spreading the virus to someone close to you who dies as a result.

27 minutes ago, Zozza said:

Schools should be locked down now too.   I really don't get it.  Let thousands of kids go to school, then go home each day -- it's just defying all the reason of sanity....in my opinion.

Yeah, its going to make things tough for people with kids who need to work -- tough.  We need to break the back of this virus first -- then worry about the economics afterwards.
Not much point in worrying around money if you or your loved ones die or are responsible for spreading the virus to someone close to you who dies as a result.

I was expecting Cindy's midday announcement to include closing schools but she and whoever else is making decisions behind her ( and I bet that it is not supported by the medical advisors) still believe we have contained the virus. Unfortunately now it is in the community and hence it will be spreading, looks like NZ is tracking the trends in other countries. Australia is up to 1000 cases now.

HT says poor Cindy, well JK had quite alot to handle on his watch, and taking on the top job with the big pay packet means you have to take the good and the bad. Remember the sign on Harry Truman's desk, "the buck stops here".

virus curve.jpg

and by the way do not get fooled into believing China has the virus under control. New cases are being reported, which means there will be alot of cases not being reported. They are expelling US journalists.

A friend of mine received a video from a friend who is currently in isolation in a Beijing hotel, it showed the streets visible from the hotel room almost deserted. You can be sure they still have a major problem

No different because all but two are people who have just come  from overseas.

What transpires from the home growns  will tell whether we are any different.

The base line starts at five.

What I can't understand is how Taiwan has managed so low transmission without lockdowns and border closure.

Also, I am told that China has hospitalised EVERY positive, and that is why they flattened the curve. 81K isolated!

If correct that speaks volumes.

"A friend of mine received a video from a friend who is currently in isolation in a Beijing hotel, it showed the streets visible from the hotel room almost deserted. You can be sure they still have a major problem"

Is he in isolation because he tested positive?