More on marine batteries...

Ok so see this link:  https://www.mrpositive.co.nz/12.8v-200ahr-lifepo4-deep-cycle-battery

Right - so Lifepo4 -- if I get these type of batteries for my (small) house system (its a 26' foot yacht with no fridge / freezer, just basic electronic needs via 150watts of solar) then do I need some fancy pants "monitoring system' to ensure safety?

I am a set and forget type of guy, when it comes to electrical needs.  The thought of having to be some battery wizard and having to do some fancy "monitoring" of these type of batteries so I don't blow me and my boat up - turns me off.

So, techno nerds....can you ease my mind here? 

Cheers

Firstly, no the battery management is built into these.
One important concern. It says max charge current of 30A. I am unsure if that is self regulating, of which I assume it is not. Even a small Alternator is likely going to produce 50A, so you need to ask the supplier about that.

Check out trademe. A few businesses are advertising similar batteries for much less than that price. I listed in the other thread on Lead Carbon and huge list of suppliers. But it vanishes and then comes back again. Something is not quite right with the Website at the mo.
Also note that at the bottom of the page, it say's they are out of stock.

Firstly, no the battery management is built into these.

One important concern. It says max charge current of 30A. I am unsure if that is self regulating, of which I assume it is not. Even a small Alternator is likely going to produce 50A, so you need to ask the supplier about that.

Check out trademe. A few businesses are advertising similar batteries for much less than that price. I listed in the other thread on Lead Carbon and huge list of suppliers. But it vanishes and then comes back again. Something is not quite right with the Website at the mo.

Also note that at the bottom of the page, it say's they are out of stock.

All good Wheels.  Just posted that link as an example.

Even if you can find cheaper than advertised in that link, still expensive batteries, so sort of need to know they are within my limited "techno" brain ability when it comes to electrical stuff.

For now, my cheapo AGM's do the trick -- but when I take off over the horizon (one day) I will be wanting to investigate further into alternative options to AGM.

And yeah, what the heck is going on with the website?  Why does Matt not change the platform a better one?  

* No BM with control parameters to stop potentially explosive scenarios needed onboard. (Battery)

You don't need a BMS for a lithium iron phosphate either.  Its just that peoples knowledge of batteries is based around Lead acid variants and they think they know stuff.  So the BMS is actually there to protect the battery from the human in most cases.  Also,  thermal runaway does not happen with the lifepo4 types used in marine batts.  Flooded lead is by far the most dangerous battery technology used on boats.  

Anyway,  of topic.     So back to the original question.    

When you head off for the horizon,  are you going to have refrigerators and inverters,  etc?  or just what you have now?  

I am a very average user with f'all interest in monitoring stuff 24/7.  My lithium "monitoring" system is a small black box with 10 bars and an orange light that comes on when I need to charge.  The glory of lithium is we charge until we get sick of having the generator running, then we turn it off.  We are sticking about 130A in so it doesn't take long and we don't worry about 100% charge and all that old lead acid PITA stuff.  If you get the system design right first, and use the correct gear when installing, you will be protecting your investment in multiple ways while keeping it simple to operate.  Once you get your head around what you are doing with the system, it is actually quite straightforward.