idlerboat

Corona virus statistics and reality

1 hour ago, Black Panther said:

Thank you. Obviously you aren't part of the problem. 

Your welcome . . .

43 minutes ago, Sailing NZ said:

Well hoses are bloody expensive these days...   And its Philip to you.😁😁😁

Bloody spell checker does my head in.

and thank you.

Some one asked why the death rate is so low in NZ.

Well our infection rate breakdown by age reveals we do not have a high rate of over seventies getting  C19 compared to other countries.

Our 20- 40 yo are the most affected and able to survive it better.

Also we have less elderly exposed to cold conditions, due to our current warm weather,  where underlying health issues like flus and colds are more prevalent.

Well, Mr. NZ, you may be right and I hope you are . . .

But the only way to confirm your assertions is with random national testing. 

Could, and probably should, be done by mail. 

1 hour ago, Sailing NZ said:

Well our infection rate breakdown by age reveals we do not have a high rate of over seventies getting  C19 compared to other countries.

Also we have less elderly exposed to cold conditions, due to our current warm weather,  where underlying health issues like flus and colds are more prevalent.

Axios likes the job your government is doing ..  

https://www.axios.com/new-zealand-sets-sights-on-coronavirus-elimination-after-2-weeks-of-lockdown-b216bb36-6d38-4b20-b8a6-53e14109d88e.html

3 hours ago, Sailing NZ said:

Some one asked why the death rate is so low in NZ.

Isnt it great then that the measures taken to date have been very successfull in protecting the vunerable.

13 minutes ago, Sabre said:

Isnt it great then that the measures taken to date have been very successfull in protecting the vunerable.

More luck than good mangement.

Jacinda didn't organise the warm weather and imagine how few infections we would have if she had closed the borders earlier.....   83% of our cases came in from overseas. ( The remaining we're a result of coming into contact with someone from overseas .

If Cindy had gone harder earlier we would not be at L4 

By the way... It's not Cindy running our C19 response. It is Bloomfield who just follows the WHO prescribed pandemic guidelines (that all countries follow) .

All Cindy does is broadcast Bloomfields instructions and timelines...  She is Basically the mouthpiece following instructions.

Same applies for every other country except Trump who is surrounded by his idiots and rambles on about rubbish.

Cindys does however provide a conduit between health, police, military, and the Reserve Bank etc. And does hold a rapple of useless labour politicians together we'll.

So when people say she is doing a great job!... It's absolute rubbish. There are many people making the decisions and providing the plan..  Cindy is just the marketing Dept who has great speech writers that ensure the negatives of what they are doing are eliminated and the positives are accentuated.

Nobody in the world spins a better story better and with so many 😁☹️😍🤩😐😏😌😥😥😕😭🤧👩‍🚀👼expressions

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well, Mr. NZ, you may be right and I hope you are . . .

But the only way to confirm your assertions is with random national testing. 

Could, and probably should, be done by mail. 

Axios likes the job your government is doing ..  

https://www.axios.com/new-zealand-sets-sights-on-coronavirus-elimination-after-2-weeks-of-lockdown-b216bb36-6d38-4b20-b8a6-53e14109d88e.html

Great spin in that article. We are lucky so far rather than good management. 

We are not there yet, rates are still going up. Cumulatively.

Cindy doesn't do all the work. She is just a mouth price. See my post above.

And yes, random testing is a obvious solution to ensure the true picture. But I suspect Bloomfield is to scared to do that now as it my open a can of worms and make them all look silly.

After all why would you not try it?

Just now, Sailing NZ said:

Great spin. We are lucky so far rather than good management. 

We are not there yet, rates are still going up. Cumulatively.

Cindy doesn't do all the work. She is just a mouth price. See my post above

Who said anything about Cindy? Seems like a team effort to me. If you are staying in your bubble then even you deserve a pat on the back.

9 minutes ago, Sabre said:

Who said anything about Cindy? Seems like a team effort to me. If you are staying in your bubble then even you deserve a pat on the back.

Correct. I praise the plebs for their efforts and dislike the Govt (Cindy) and Bloomfield for still having our border open and inflicting the virus on us via our inbound travellers/kiwis .