idlerboat

Corona virus statistics and reality

yesterday's graph 3 updated.  To suggest that Cabinet won't meet until next week is appalling.

image.png

"
Ardern said on the eve of the lockdown, modelling showed New Zealand was on a similar trajectory to Italy or Spain, with over 10,000 cases expected by now if no actions were implemented. New modelling shows the current controls have had a significant impact."

. . . which is strange because I'm pretty sure I recall on the eve of the lockdown her saying that if we didn't lockdown "tens of thousands of New Zealanders will die", based on a direct comparison with Italy.

hmmm - I had noticed Hendy had dissappeared off the radar for a week. One wonders whether in his model he'd forgotton to "carry the 1", a couple of times!

I think comparisons per capita of population are largely meaningless as at very small percentage infection rates the population is effectively Large i.e. the spread of the virus is unconfined by the population size.

One thing Is for sure,

If the Govt had shut the border down in early March we would not have needed level 4, we would not have the number of cases we have, and most importantly..

we would not have a stuffed economy , job losses, business cosures, and huge debt for many years to come.

These gutless liberals favoured people's freedom anddid not make the tough decisions early enough.

the human, mental and physical cost of level4 and the down stream effect can be firmly pinned on the MOH aNd Cindy's mob.

Cindy keeps telling us " the more we work together and follow the rules the SOONER we can get thru this."

I say if you had closed down the border SOONER, WE WOULD NOT BE WHERE WE ARE NOW!

i doubt simon would have closed it any earlier...

reply if you can post links to show he was clamouring for a lockdown before the march 25th lockdown, announced 23rd? mar

13 minutes ago, erice said:

i doubt simon would have closed it any earlier...

reply if you can post links to show he was clamouring for a lockdown before the march 25th lockdown, announced 23rd? mar

That's not what he has been saying but probably true.