idlerboat

Corona virus statistics and reality

40 minutes ago, Sabre said:

I dont know if this has been posted previously but I just skim read a report published last November called the Global Health Security report which ranks countries on how well they are prepared for a pandemic. Turns out many of the most prepared actually werent.. 

https://www.ghsindex.org/

That list is totally a waste of time.

today's update.  Waddya know, reduce the number ot tests and the number of +'ve goes down!  However the % of +'ve tests is still definitely droping even when averaged over 7 days.  At some point very soon this rate at which the % drops will start to slow.  I'm surprised it hasn't already especially with the significant reduction in testing this weekend (nearly half).

It's just a little frustrating that the government can see fit to shut down the entire country for this and yet allow the amount of testing reduce so much becuase of holiday weekend.  It suggests that the "test test test" mantra is actually no longer that important to them - probably because they're now pretty confident that this is under control. 

Day I no. of tests I no. of +'ves I %

Wednesday 3990 29 0.73%

Thursday 4520 44 .97%

Friday 3071 29 .94%

Sat 2421 18 .74%

At the Lockdown (26/03), for the day before, we reported 2592 tests, 78 +'ves and the 7-day rolling % of tests was 2.4%.  That compares with today of 2421 tests, 18 +'ves and the 7-day rolling % of tests is 0.9%.  

image.png

The government's response can best be summarised as 

"Go early, go hard, then go on holiday!"

5 hours ago, erice said:

Very selective chart. Iceland has tested 10% of it's population 

This chart is ratio of known cases per percentage of the population tested.

Funny how testing less than 2 5% of the population give accurate analysis for Covid19, yet for election polls it's 3.5% (determined by many expert's)

Cindy told us we are leading the test% per population. That's another lie.

10 minutes ago, ScottiE said:

today's update.  Waddya know, reduce the number ot tests and the number of +'ve goes down!  However the % of +'ve tests is still definitely droping even when averaged over 7 days.  At some point very soon this rate at which the % drops will start to slow.  I'm surprised it hasn't already especially with the significant reduction in testing this weekend (nearly half).

It's just a little frustrating that the government can see fit to shut down the entire country for this and yet allow the amount of testing reduce so much becuase of holiday weekend.  It suggests that the "test test test" mantra is actually no longer that important to them - probably because they're now pretty confident that this is under control. 

Day I no. of tests I no. of +'ves I %

Wednesday 3990 29 0.73%

Thursday 4520 44 .97%

Friday 3071 29 .94%

Sat 2421 18 .74%

At the Lockdown (26/03), for the day before, we reported 2592 tests, 78 +'ves and the 7-day rolling % of tests was 2.4%.  That compares with today of 2421 tests, 18 +'ves and the 7-day rolling % of tests is 0.9%.  

image.png

The government's response can best be summarised as 

"Go early, go hard, then go on holiday!"

Even if the +ve tests results drop to zero for 14 days it means nothing if there a people carrying C19 with no symptoms that are passing it around, and have not been tested.

Why? Well as soon as lock down ends these people will infect their friends and off it goes again. Especially those who got infected 13 days before lockdown.

They have to get a "number" from a random sample to know what they're dealing with.