Corona virus statistics and reality

I know Simon. I didn't vote for him last election ( or National ) as a protest summarised as a failure to live up to electoral  undertakings. However I can say he is more than capable politician that would be a competent PM. Unfortunately his TV personna fails to convey that. Ronald Reagan was a B grade movie actor ,not effective as a President but he got away with it. So that's what we're down to ....appearance over substance but with  little alternative how else do the public judge when they don't know whats going on other than what they're told..

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have read some very strange things about covid.  So first, yes it's real. And yes if you read reputable medical information you will probably be closer to the truth than a lot of other sources.

It’s a chance for horse face to put her ugly mug on tv every day now and the sheeple will Lao it up , perfect for re electing this clueless under performing team for the finishing touches on screwing

I don't agree and if you read the rest of what she said, she explains about the tolerance. IMO the govt have done a pretty good job at this point, in a difficult situation, with the resources we

Posted Images

The raise of JA at the last election did prove without a shadow of a doubt, and it is 100% unarguable, a significant proportion of NZ voters vote based on the physical appearance of someone, not on ability, not on experiance, not on skills, just on whether they like the face or not. You can see the exact same thing in this thread, the opposite here being a left leaning site, but again based on nothing more than someones face or the way they talk, I can't imagine being that shallow and sad but there are those people and for some bizarre reason they are allowed to vote.

Anyway last election showed there are enough sad voters who vote based on absolutely nothing of substance for NZ society that come next election anything is likely to happen.

If I was a election consultant I'd be advising 'Lose this one, go mountain biking instead'. 

3 hours ago, armchairadmiral said:

I know Simon. I didn't vote for him last election ( or National ) as a protest summarised as a failure to live up to electoral  undertakings. However I can say he is more than capable politician that would be a competent PM.

All partisan politics aside and in all seriousness do you not think a leader should be able to read the mood of the people?

It seems to me he is consistantly off the mark in that regard espiecially of late.

It all depends Mr Sabre on whether the people whose mood has been read ware willing to open their ears and listen.

If you consider Simon heads a mob who close to 1/2 of NZ voters would vote for one can take from that he can read the mood of many people.

So the takeaway from adding all that up is Simon can read moods just not yours. Why? That's probably more to do with you than him as he, like all parties, will have a huge amount of resources behind him trying to wiggle thru your barrier. ALL parties will be doing the exact same thing for the exact same reason, to smash thru the ideology wall most people put up to shelter behind.

2 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

If I was a election consultant I'd be advising 'Lose this one, go mountain biking instead'. 

I wouldn't be so hasty on that.

JA's halo is glowing brightly at the moment but once the economic and social realities sink in in 2-3 months time, it might be a different story. She'll be relying on Grant to come up with some recovery ideas and his only experience with finance and economics is balancing the books at Student Union sausage sizzle - he has no commercial experience at all.

I don't have any confidence that this govt has the experience or nous to thoroughly think through the consequences of their actions and understand the longterm, downstream effects on the countries well-being, or lack there of.

5 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

If you consider Simon heads a mob who close to 1/2 of NZ voters would vote for one can take from that he can read the mood of many people.

He is currently doing a great job of eroding that support by demonstrating he is way out of his depth and completely out of touch with his constituents. 

The best he can come up with is "lets copy Australia" FFS