idlerboat

Corona virus statistics and reality

16 hours ago, Sabre said:

He is currently doing a great job of eroding that support by demonstrating he is way out of his depth and completely out of touch with his constituents. 

The best he can come up with is "lets copy Australia" FFS

No idea what your talking about there fella but do think as you are hard core anti Simon so who would expect you to find anything he does positive in any form. Does that mean SB has done nothing positive or isn't liked by a very significant number of people? Oh course not, all it means is your hatred of him is distorting reality. It is EXACTLY the same as those who say things about JA, note I said JA not PM there is a significant difference and a difference you are using. You, like many on Crew, the media and elsewhere, see JA the person but SB the politician. When you line any individual up next to a politician it's inevitable who comes out second best, the politician.....but is that fair or reasonable? The only people who think yes would be hardcore drones, fair and reasonable people would compare apples to apples.

When you look at the numbers is copying aussie really a bad thing, that are doing pretty bloody well with arguably better numbers than NZ and without totally strangling their economy to a stand still. But that's now hindsite and I'm sure will only become fodder for the political party drones to throw at each other.

19 hours ago, tuffyluffy said:

I wouldn't be so hasty on that.

JA's halo is glowing brightly at the moment but once the economic and social realities sink in in 2-3 months time, it might be a different story. She'll be relying on Grant to come up with some recovery ideas and his only experience with finance and economics is balancing the books at Student Union sausage sizzle - he has no commercial experience at all.

I don't have any confidence that this govt has the experience or nous to thoroughly think through the consequences of their actions and understand the longterm, downstream effects on the countries well-being, or lack there of.

Again Mr Tuffy you are talking the individual like Mr Sabre above. Yes her economic CV is somewhat empty and GR's not much better but as we have seen from minute 1 this Govt doesn't make decisions, it gets others to do that for them hence the gazillion working groups. Even most of the covid calls have been after other countries did it, the opposition was calling for it and many experts not in the Govt cliché were calling for them and a few others. Add in the PM is a figurehead the spokesperson for the Govt, and a very very good one, and she is blindingly fast to drop the 'Oh you'd need to speak to.... for that' deflections so I'd leave her out of any decisions, she'll only be the sales person for those who make the call and I'd suggest the calls that are going to have to be sold will need every bit of her many years of extensive media training.

Has this Govt thought it thru? Lots to say they haven't and a growing lots but it's weird days and lots of weird sh*t is still to come so ya just never know, maybe GR is some kind of miracle man, time will tell. And to be fair it's not like any Govt had the luxury of time, this did roll in way faster than pollies tend to move.

But it's time they have to play very cautiously now with the election so close. Go to the polls today and I'd expect to see a Labour Govt majority with no Winston or Melons, govts always get big spikes in times like these so they could use that. Or they hang and hope the halo is still intact enough in a few months time, that could be a risky call as the economic pain will be kicking in brutally and voters with empty wallets are not Govt friendly. Add in a growing number of international articles are now starting to question the shine of JA's halo and we are in for what is going to be a very interesting wee while on many fronts.

Now as the hospitals are empty I'm going to sneak up to Pohui and use up the last 150km I have before a Duc service is due. The thought of those gravel roads missing me has got to the point I can't resist it any longer, wish me luck ;)

31 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

No. All the NZ media told me whaleoil was discredited  

wow - you read "all the NZ media" yesterday?

I'm interested to understand the link between whaleoil and theemperorsrobes

50 minutes ago, darkside said:

This may have been posted here already but we seem to be doing OK.

1a.JPG

I think we are doing great but its a tough crowd down here in the small talk basement...

1 hour ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

No idea 

Im afraid this is all I read of your post KM but I'm pretty confident this would be a good summary. I'm sure there would have been something about woke tribalist politics in there but I've heard it just a few too many times..

2 hours ago, ScottiE said:

wow - you read "all the NZ media" yesterday?

I'm interested to understand the link between whaleoil and theemperorsrobes

You are right. My apologies.  I was mixing your post with another 

However  i still haven't found anything to convince me that this emporer guy is worth reading.

11 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

You are right. My apologies.  I was mixing your post with another 

However  i still haven't found anything to convince me that this emporer guy is worth reading.

wow - you read "all the NZ media" yesterday just to find "anything to convince" you "that this emporer guy is worth reading" rather than just reading and taking the post itself at face value.