idlerboat

Corona virus statistics and reality

3 (the 2nd 2).  These statistics are all meaningless unless all countries carry out proper randomised testing which are then normalised to country population.  There are so many variables at play that there is really no other consistent way to compare across jurisdictions.

Additional measures must be Introduce with emergency parliament sitting, introducing new regulations making it that all stores that are operating must sanitizer all their trolleys handles, carry baskets, door handles, cabinet openings devices handles,lids, pens, scale key faces, atm key screens, if to do so requires them to hire extra staff the government would subsidise their wages 60 per cent All staff to be tested every 10 days. All this they must do additionally as the country is unprotected against the corona virus rapidly spreading pandemic infections .

So a week into slaughtering the economy BIG time, people losing jobs hand over fist, Beloved Leader in full narcissist mode and lots of other bad sh*t and where are we at today.

2 in ICU, 10 more in hospital so pretty much a very quiet weekend on NZ roads.

Add in the 650 people who sneezed so the media and powers that be can go full monty on themselves and .......

errr......

ummm......

f*ck this sh*t, I'm going for a sail.

Used to think this mob were enthusiastic amateurs. Now they're shown to be incompetent ditherers. Planes still coming in  from overseas and people allowed to wander around NZ on basis of self isolation. Yeah right. Friends daughter and hubby arrives from London Monday. Booked into Auckland hotel for 14 days. Great except hotel refuses them .So they've wandered around NZ wondering what to do until friend found an unused house for them. And you can bet this story repeated over and over. If people are still coming in  and some will be infected what am I doing being quarantined ? They shouldn't be coming in at all or at least be in supervised quarantine. This is bullshit bumbling and no doubt we'll have equally drongo legislation like the gun laws to control us all into the future.

KM. The theory of the lock down is sound and should work. Unfortunately the policing and management of the plan/ theory is ..Re active rather proactive. Bridges mentioned testing testing testing a month ago

Sending mixed messages -  Police commissioner v Adern v Hone.. 

Poorly policed - China's regime has nailed it..  I wonder why!... Bush is a moron 

To liberal - Self isolation will never work when you have"she will be right" kiwi attitude.

Dis organised - the Health authority spokesperson does not know where testing is happening, how many are tested ....

17 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

So a week into slaughtering the economy BIG time, people losing jobs hand over fist, Beloved Leader in full narcissist mode and lots of other bad sh*t and where are we at today.

Add in the 650 people who sneezed so the media and powers that be can go full monty on themselves and .......

errr......

ummm......

when was the last time we only had 2 in ICU and 10 in hospital after a weekend

Swing by the river and pick me up would ya!

Just a reminder that the global ...tested positive cases are about to hit 

A Million.

And 45 000 have died.

Being complacent or silly about this is not an option, dead people don't make money.

3 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

errr......

ummm......

So KM in your opinion what death toll would justify the current measures?  Ball park figure will do.