idlerboat

Corona virus statistics and reality

14 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

So KM in your opinion what death toll would justify the current measures?  Ball park figure will do.

Road toll or covid19 toll? ..🤙😁

Maybe its God's way of punishing the weak 🙄🙄🙄😁....   Some would have you believe that (Trump)

3 hours ago, armchairadmiral said:

Used to think this mob were enthusiastic amateurs. Now they're shown to be incompetent ditherers. Planes still coming in  from overseas and people allowed to wander around NZ on basis of self isolation. Yeah right. Friends daughter and hubby arrives from London Monday. Booked into Auckland hotel for 14 days. Great except hotel refuses them .So they've wandered around NZ wondering what to do until friend found an unused house for them. And you can bet this story repeated over and over. If people are still coming in  and some will be infected what am I doing being quarantined ? They shouldn't be coming in at all or at least be in supervised quarantine. This is bullshit bumbling and no doubt we'll have equally drongo legislation like the gun laws to control us all into the future.

Agree.

Question. How many people are carriers, and/ or have the virus with little signs, and are not presenting for tests and thus do not influence the "spintistics" ( political statistics).....

A. Plenty I bet ..

"The more you test the more you discover" ...

Also, funny how they want us to protect our bubbles, yet they are letting people burst the National bubble ( inbound passengers)

Edited by Sailing NZ

Even Trump has somewhat changed his tune in the last day or so. Has gone from comparisons to the flu or the road toll to "this is going to be a very painful few weeks" and acknowledging estimates of deaths in the hundreds of thousands for the USA.

Just now, raz88 said:

Even Trump has somewhat changed his tune in the last day or so. Has gone from comparisons to the flu or the road toll to "this is going to be a very painful few weeks" and acknowledging estimates of deaths in the hundreds of thousands for the USA.

Fake calmness v reality I think

A few here know what i do for income.I am very glad to be home/lockdown etc I would in a vulnerable position like a shop assistant is at the supermarket,No idea who you are mixing with or who they mixed with or they have mixed with etc. The police/millitary need to be acting stronger,enforcing those aimlessly driving around to go home or be locked up.The old Mt Eden jail would fine,stone walls etc they could infect themselves and Darwin would be at work.

Had reason to call 105 this morning and in a very timely matter the police were there removing people from a property,no idea how many were drink driving,The police are back over there now must getting the finer details??

4 hours ago, armchairadmiral said:

Used to think this mob were enthusiastic amateurs. Now they're shown to be incompetent ditherers. Planes still coming in  from overseas and people allowed to wander around NZ on basis of self isolation. Yeah right. Friends daughter and hubby arrives from London Monday. Booked into Auckland hotel for 14 days. Great except hotel refuses them .So they've wandered around NZ wondering what to do until friend found an unused house for them. And you can bet this story repeated over and over. If people are still coming in  and some will be infected what am I doing being quarantined ? They shouldn't be coming in at all or at least be in supervised quarantine. This is bullshit bumbling and no doubt we'll have equally drongo legislation like the gun laws to control us all into the future.

You think that's bad stuff out gov't well Australia must be chaotic and run by a .school kid in comparison. Read the live aboard thread and how many have died and how many do not know what the rules are and the that do are ignoring them. Has nz called the army in large numbers to try and get people to stay home and only venture out for essential service. No keep your distance I'm told only a restriction on individual group numbers.and large public places gatherings. Our out going p commissioner most people would say has been doing a great job. Him and his team amutures? That's interesting point on view. I notice u have not made a posting in be the gov't stating what you would do differently from adern and/ or commissioner Bush.

And just how long do you think it's been going on? Most of the world lived like this for most of history.  And much of the stuff online is just plain wrong. Those "wet market" pics from China are mostly from Indonesia....

People have been eating wild game since before there were domestic animals.