dutyfree

Survey for Insurance

24 minutes ago, Elenya said:

Thats the measurements I read. I got the 150mm confused with the 300mm.

From my point of view, as an oversees yacht, it would always be difficult to comply with every countries regulations (which is why countries cant impose many requiremnts on foreign vessels) but when it comes to contractual requirements we have no choice but to comply if we wish to use those marinas etc. This is the first time I have ever been asked for a gas certificate, electrical plenty of times, but never gas before.

And it is a tad annoying that you have to pay to be able to look at a standard.

enjoy some lazy times. Hope you all have a few projects to get on with if you are not working.

curious to know which marina asked you this?

There is a concerning trend of the marinas inventing all sort of rules that are not actually legal requirements. They are correct to ask for an EWOF because that is the law and they are responsible for you connecting to the power supply, but a gas certificate?

1 hour ago, marinheiro said:

There is a concerning trend of the marinas inventing all sort of rules that are not actually legal requirements. They are correct to ask for an EWOF because that is the law and they are responsible for you connecting to the power supply, but a gas certificate?

I would prefer the boat next to mine has, like mine, a gas certificate as well as EWOF

10 minutes ago, chariot said:

That was supposed to be 12 volt system.

18 minutes ago, chariot said:

Why would you have an EWOF if you only have 12 system.

You wouldn't need one.

14 hours ago, dutyfree said:

i have changed insurance companies, swapped to Baileys.  Still going to get the LPG redesigned.

Just for clarity Bailey's are brokers, their marine policies are usually with Vero for coastal boats

On 25/03/2020 at 10:18 AM, marinheiro said:

This will be Lyttelton. It's in their contract. They had a push on EWOFs and tagged extension leads recently, but they don't seem to be pushing the gas certification part yet.