Bad Kitty

Replace frontrunner in cabin with?

So we've got front runner in two cabins, which I've grown to hate, who's got any goods ideas on a replacement?

It's not faired that well under the frontrunner, but I guess we could revisit that. Or ?

Thanks, and remember, we're nearly there now, only 7 weeks 6 days to go!

I hate the stuff but I recommend tear off and replace at about 5 years before any mould etc can start to colonise.  The old glue on the boat is the issue.

Easiest  is tear it down and just put up more of the same.The 5kg canister spray glues I use are not that horrible inside a boat. 

You saw what i went thru got get the VB interior fur-free and glossy painted inside, major improvement but hours, and hours, and hours. 

The new stuff is water based, low pressure, no odour, and probably both vegan and gluten free but not cheap . Smelliest thing about interior linings is the person that is next to you helping get it all stuck to the surfaces before the glue tacks off. 

16 hours ago, Vorpal Blade said:

The new stuff is water based, low pressure, no odour, and probably both vegan and gluten free but not cheap . Smelliest thing about interior linings is the person that is next to you helping get it all stuck to the surfaces before the glue tacks off. 

Haha, yep confined spaces and smelly people.

Pity I didn't see this before furring my boat.

I didn't get back to you for dodger  vinyl/whatever  patch reinforcement where boom took it out. ( and easy clean hand patch)

Oh, well as soon as your able -we are allowed.

Stainless chain?  Or couldn't that happen without added fur lined handcuffs and leather ware ;)

By the time we get parole, assuming we do, your bling will be sailing down the northland coast. We did manage to get it out of Italy with 8hrs to spare before they went into full lockdown.

Have you sussed some of the new vinyl, for lack of knowing it's proper name, like coverings?  I saw some not long ago that were sort of like suede finish but you could wash it with a hose. That could come up well done nicely.

4 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Stainless chain?  Or couldn't that happen without added fur lined handcuffs and leather ware ;)

By the time we get parole, assuming we do, your bling will be sailing down the northland coast. We did manage to get it out of Italy with 8hrs to spare before they went into full lockdown.

Have you sussed some of the new vinyl, for lack of knowing it's proper name, like coverings?  I saw some not long ago that were sort of like suede finish but you could wash it with a hose. That could come up well done nicely.

Yeah was thinking of a vinyl sort of thing maybe, a bit thicker or on a thin backing maybe to help cover the lack of fairing?

Still waiting for a clever boat interior finisher to pop up & solve me dilemma for me!

4 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

And yes, stainless chain please! Look forward to catching up,