On the bright side - Next project

My Project is working on how to get a Boat again. Although I don't want to own a Boat that is going to become another project.
I spied one on Trademe which is at an excellent price and size and (without an inspection) looks like it could be fairly easy to fix. But it is too far away, being way up North. And being so far away, I don't want to go all that way just to find it is in far worse shape than she looks on TM.

Mind you, I have just completed a 12M inside out Boat in my Back Yard. Been lots of hard work, but looking good and is all ready for when the warmth of summer arrives again.

1 hour ago, wheels said:

My Project is working on how to get a Boat again. Although I don't want to own a Boat that is going to become another project.
I spied one on Trademe which is at an excellent price and size and (without an inspection) looks like it could be fairly easy to fix. But it is too far away, being way up North. And being so far away, I don't want to go all that way just to find it is in far worse shape than she looks on TM.

Mind you, I have just completed a 12M inside out Boat in my Back Yard. Been lots of hard work, but looking good and is all ready for when the warmth of summer arrives again.

Traveled from Auckland to Picton years ago to look at a boat that looked the bees knees on trademe and was assured by the broker it was in good condition. Turned out to be a piece of sh...t. They knew we were coming down and the boat was a tip. Dirty dishes in the galley, engine was a pile of rust and topsides in a sad state.

Mrs Chariot gave the broker a real spray for wasting our time and money and on that note we walked away.

Ahhh I see . I used to visit family on the barrier in the 80s . there were some awesome forestry dept roads going all over the shop and couple of mineral prospecting tracks too . Some of those are still there and still passable . Can’t see a bike ride on little barrier going over well though .

On 28/03/2020 at 12:59 PM, bigal.nz said:

That looks real nice. What sort of yacht is it for?

Flashest lookin' speed stripes I've ever stuck on .........seen.  ....... and those leach ribbons......... amazeballs!!.....

3 hours ago, wal said:

Flashest lookin' speed stripes I've ever stuck on .........seen.  ....... and those leach ribbons......... amazeballs!!.....

Cheers Wal you have great taste in speed stripes....jaffa looks real good against the black 

Talking sail covers the new boat is a tidy up project which has deep u shape booms for the main and jib. Thinking of making zipped boom bags that can be tied into the bottom of the boom as lazy bags with the lazy jacks but the whole zipped bag could be removed with sail inside for storage in the hulls for winter.   That and maybe a rotating outboard mount inside a beer keg or similar so I can motor in both directions. 

3D133950-64FC-4339-A501-44CA762C6F64.jpeg

9EFA30B8-EDE2-4733-8241-3FCF24E67CFF.jpeg

87C58B00-929A-41BB-A077-9A9FCD9E3888.png

Well easier to be able to motor sail in both directions as well as having the motor always facing forward whichever way you are sailing so it catches less water. Be good when manoeuvring onto mooring etc to be able to push sideways etc too. Will need to spend some time with the boat first to see what we want though. 

38 minutes ago, Sudden5869 said:

There's only so many projects you can do with supply challenges.  
I'm glad I started the replacement floor boards just before lockdown.  Almost done. 

Floor1.jpgFloor2.jpg

Great job. New or refurbished? Are they ply? I need to do this....