bigal.nz

On the bright side - Next project

17 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

We have 13 sheets of 15mm ply 2700mm x 525mm, a pile of 4x2, a nail gun and a shitload of no more nails.

We are thinking a small landing barge like craft.

Hey knot me did you launch your 930 while you were gone ?

Holy crap is that SA monster Tri shambles thread still going, that has to be some sort of world record .... or just a very sad indication of how exciting so many peoples lives can't be.

Ah, no not a houseboat of any sort for any harbour. The plan looks like a vessel you'd use if you wanted to conduct sneaky motorcycle raids on H Gulf Islands or similar 🙈 🙉 🙊

Na, the 930 has now been sitting there all ready to be relaunched for 14-15 months. Due to a lack of fun things for her to do and in that releasing a tidy sum of $$ a acquisition program kicked in that did sort of sidelined her. But the other projects have got to places I needed them to get too meaning launching the 930 is now back on top of the 'to do list' for when we get paroled.

My Project is working on how to get a Boat again. Although I don't want to own a Boat that is going to become another project.
I spied one on Trademe which is at an excellent price and size and (without an inspection) looks like it could be fairly easy to fix. But it is too far away, being way up North. And being so far away, I don't want to go all that way just to find it is in far worse shape than she looks on TM.

Mind you, I have just completed a 12M inside out Boat in my Back Yard. Been lots of hard work, but looking good and is all ready for when the warmth of summer arrives again.

1 hour ago, wheels said:

My Project is working on how to get a Boat again. Although I don't want to own a Boat that is going to become another project.
I spied one on Trademe which is at an excellent price and size and (without an inspection) looks like it could be fairly easy to fix. But it is too far away, being way up North. And being so far away, I don't want to go all that way just to find it is in far worse shape than she looks on TM.

Mind you, I have just completed a 12M inside out Boat in my Back Yard. Been lots of hard work, but looking good and is all ready for when the warmth of summer arrives again.

Traveled from Auckland to Picton years ago to look at a boat that looked the bees knees on trademe and was assured by the broker it was in good condition. Turned out to be a piece of sh...t. They knew we were coming down and the boat was a tip. Dirty dishes in the galley, engine was a pile of rust and topsides in a sad state.

Mrs Chariot gave the broker a real spray for wasting our time and money and on that note we walked away.

Ahhh I see . I used to visit family on the barrier in the 80s . there were some awesome forestry dept roads going all over the shop and couple of mineral prospecting tracks too . Some of those are still there and still passable . Can’t see a bike ride on little barrier going over well though .