Covid 19 and liveaboards

19 minutes ago, Island Time said:

Lots? I see about 6 or 7 between Auckland, GB, coromandel and Whangarei. Pleasure vessels that is. Although I’ll admit many have turned off their AIS ...

Yeah true that ... I saw one of the more popular day charter boats go in to marsden cove last night . No punters onboard but no AIS either so probably a sneaky trip to the chicks 

We've been parked in Mahurangi, there's a little bit of coming and going visible.  Wifey got back last Friday and we came directly to the boat.  Quite a few calls from Police, texts for tracking and this morning we had a visit - well we could see each other with binos.  All the Police we have spoken with have been a credit to their force and I have no complaints whatsoever.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Aleana said:

AIS switched off / in stealth mode is an admission of guilt that people know what they’re doing is wrong.

Ha, you are correct I'm sure, although if I'm sitting at anchor or in the marina I turn mine off (we are on board at anchor now with AIS off).  If you look at any boatyards with boats out of the water there are usually quite a few with AIS broadcasting, which seems a bit pointless to me.

3 hours ago, 44forty said:

Post me one and I will set it up !  Needs to be able to pan 200 degrees to get the full scoop 

In the meantime post a pic of this view. It sounds magnificent, and I can just image what it was like today!

5 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

There are at least 6 posters in this thread that come across VERY much like they will not be happy until those who displease them are made to sew yellow stars on their wet jacket.

It is very sad to see that after 2-3 weeks so many still have no understanding if what the govt needs to happen.

Yip, but i guess experience only come with age. 

... And youth is wasted on the young people....  Which is great for us older guys.

• Downvote 2

being in your marina or a very sheltered bay over the next couple of days would be a good idea - for the Hauraki Gulf

Sunday: Northerly 20 knots rising to 25 knots gusting 35 knots early afternoon, to 30 knots gusting 40 knots late afternoon, and to 35 knots gusting 45 knots in the evening. Sea becoming very rough in the evening. Cloudy periods and isolated showers, then poor visibility in rain at night.

Monday: Northerly 35 knots gusting 45 knots easing to northwest 25 knots gusting 35 knots early morning and changing westerly 30 knots gusting 40 knots late morning. Very rough sea easing. Poor visibility in early morning rain with possible thunderstorms, then easing in showers.

22 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

Everyone here has converged on the one spot that offers best protection feon northerlies. I count 18 boats.

Waiti Bay?

Happy Easter btw!

We just had our Easter Day lunch - similar you Christmas Day lunch but with chicken instead of a tougher drier version aka turkey. I’d struggle to recreate that on Aleana.

3 hours ago, Aleana said:

Waiti Bay?

Happy Easter btw!

We just had our Easter Day lunch - similar you Christmas Day lunch but with chicken instead of a tougher drier version aka turkey. I’d struggle to recreate that on Aleana.

Roast whole scotch fillet with a mustard and herb crust just gone in the oven here . Son is making cauliflower purée while drinking several types of red and a craft beer . Sounds a bit wanky but he’s a chef and I was one many moons ago . 

but to balance it out we are in the bush , offgrid and 5 sharing a longdrop so not all airs and graces ! . Happy Easter .