Knot Me... maybe

Tractors - a boredom topic

Looking online Daedong / Kioti and Kubota are separate entities, Kubota being Japanese and Daedong being Sth Korean. Kubota does have regional manufacturing plants in China, Thailand, South America. New 3000 parts are available, either aftermarket or ford, they used to be very well priced, probably still are. Noel Radd Ford Mgto spare parts dept could confirm / deny.

Yes separate entities and run separately but ownership of both tracks back to Daedong. There seems to be bits manufactured all over the world for both brands, as is common with lots of things these days.

I'll suss the Fords deeper.

I suspect with the worlds economy imploding at a pace and into a place we've never seen before there will be some seriously huge hell deals on offer shortly. Then add in financing them at at 0% interest and it'll be hard to beat buying new. Hence the sussing now. When we get parole if a good pre-loved pops up at least we'll know it is a good deal.

Just had a email from one nursery we've been talking to. They offered to grow us 700 trees for A$15.50 each and I said all good let me suss and get back to you, that was March 3rd. The email just in is now offering to do that for A$12 each as they see spare ground space and decreased demand in their future. It's started....where will it end......

Are you getting the trees from Australia KM (your quotes are in AUD)? Interesting as I would have thought it would be difficult to import. What type are they?

Yes looking like Aussie. There are US option's and I am chasing up a lead on a reported Vietnamese one as well. There are quarantine things to sort out but they are classified as 'L2 Basic' by MPI which basically means the plants have been OKed for release in NZ but they will check for wayward bugs and excessive traces of soil, that sort of 'stowaway' thing. So not too bad at this end but as is usually the case the Aussies Govts love of being everyones Nana means there are some very WTF?? like hoops to jump through there. Just working through all that now. 

The only other option is from seed. We put down 2 dozen seeds 3 weeks ago. It is a bit of a No8 like trial with scavenged seed but we thought lets just try and see how they go as a learning experiance. So far not looking too good but I did scavenge more seeds on Tuesday so I have started on those using a more aggressive germination technique.

As far as we can find no one in NZ is growing these or at least this specific variety so there is bugger all knowledge to draw on. I want to get some growing quickish to see how the wild life treat them. Not too keen on throwing 700 odd seedlings in only to find we created a large obesity issue amongst the local possum fleet.

We're planting, or hope too, one of the Illicium family.  

Mahindra didn't have a huge fan following. Reliability issues, not big things but lots of small irritating things seem to be the majority of the comments. But it is a big go ahead outfit so they will be getting their excrement in line pretty quick I'd expect. Like Gt Wall, the first ones were utter crap but ones you buy these days have stepped up big time.