Sailing NZ

The positives of the Covid19 virus

Let's make a list....

Here's a few...

1. People will understand the value of their freedom.

2. Some will see there is life beyond KFC, Mc Donald's...

3. You won't die if you can't go clubbing on Friday night.

4. Walking to the local pub, shop, ... Is totally do able.

5. Suddenly your credit card has less"junk transactions" on them and you have more savings.

6. You have to talk to your partner.

7. You now realise your needs from your wants...  

I don't have to sit on the motorway for a couple of hours a day, and the boss is perfectly agreeable to me working from home all of a sudden.

Spending some quality time with my kids.

Question, what would be the long term impact on the Hauraki Gulf now that recreational fishing is effectively banned for a month or more? I'm expecting improvements in fish stock, but I don't know if that would be a marginal improvement or something that can actually be measured and seen over time.

There are widespread environmental benefits to the lock down, sharply reduced fossil fuel burning, no airline flights, sharply reduced general consumption of junk...

1 hour ago, Priscilla II said:

It's amazing how quick the pollution has reduced. Some areas are as much as 78%.  ... Which tells me that the pollution problem is either...

1. Easy to fix

2. Not a big problem ( if within 2 weeks it has halved)

3. Is a problem if it does not drop to near zero by end of month.

11 minutes ago, Sailing NZ said:

It's amazing how quick the pollution has reduced. Some areas are as much as 78%.  ... Which tells me that the pollution problem is either...

1. Easy to fix

2. Not a big problem ( if within 2 weeks it has halved)

3. Is a problem if it does not drop to near zero by end of month.

Yes it is very easy to fix.  Stop all economic activity, send people into poverty, make sure huge numbers of people die. Problem solved.

7 minutes ago, dutyfree said:

Yes it is very easy to fix.  Stop all economic activity, send people into poverty, make sure huge numbers of people die. Problem solved.

Yip. I think the pollution thing is all hype.

One week And Half gone.🤔😜😁🤙

Where s Greta now?... 😜😁

The millennials, dipshit leftists and the other real sad bastards get their wish of f**king over our seniors by reducing their numbers so not having to pay what all those seniors spent their life being told they would get in their golden years. They will also be ecstatic to also see a sh*t load more being reduced to living on the bones of their arses due to their investments being slaughtered.

The statistics quoted by the govt. are becoming increasingly pointless as time goes by and yet - like ground hog day we'll get the same crap again that we got yesterday.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/04/coronavirus-new-zealand-not-flattening-the-curve-during-covid-19-crisis.html 

Director-General Dr Ashley Bloomfield announced 89 new cases on Thursday which is the most recorded in a single day.

"I think the 89 cases today shows that [we are not flattening the curve]. I think it's the highest number of single cases we've had in a day and so it is on the up," Bloomfield said.

That's interesting, so we increased the number of tests, and widened the criteria for testing - and then the number of positives went up! But bugger me if the number of negatives also went up!  I wonder how many positives we would get if we instead reduced the testing down. to. say . . . . zero . . . hmmm. Now that would really flatten the curve!  Today we'll hear of an increase in cases - mostly due to an increase in the number of tests -and the fact that something like  50 infected people are day are still arrived here - of not flattening the curve - and of a need to impose more restrictions - and of a likely increase in the lockdown period because we haven't been behaving ourselves.

Without random testing the current positive test results serve no useful statistical purpose any longer.  It's now becoming increasingly apparent the we don't have the resources in the field to carry out the testing programme we need to.  The 4000-5000 capacity is a malfiescent misrepresentation of the truth.  It only refers to laboratory capacity not to the actual sampling.  

The other thing that cracks me up is that the media have gone back to "hockey stick graphs here" - the log graphs are not nearly as scary as they used to be!

53 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

The millennials, dipshit leftists and the other real sad bastards get their wish of f**king over our seniors by reducing their numbers so not having to pay what all those seniors spent their life being told they would get in their golden years. They will also be ecstatic to also see a sh*t load more being reduced to living on the bones of their arses due to their investments being slaughtered.

Yip, thanks to endless stupidity of the rope smoking, leftie, anti econonic, they have cone up with a plan to root the economy and keep the virus active for ever ( no end in sight plan).

Let's make a list.. 

Palmer re opened the treaty claim s to the tune of billions of dollars 

Clark, gave kids free cash for study AKA Drinking/ Holidaying, to never pay back again...  That's in the billions and does not include admin cost to find the money / kids all over the planet.

Cindy, money for green party waste, billions for Shane's feel good fund, billions for teachers and doctors pay " tissues",. Billions for houses, trees, trains, shutting down city streets. Billions for kids to have " bay bees". Millions for the unemployed " wage increase" to buy more cars, smokes, dope, TV's, kfc, ...and they get cheap accommodation at a motel brought with my tax!, Bizillions for winny to blow on Pacific islands ahead if China's supposed buy up..  and horse racing ..

If we had saved that money we could shut down for a year and pay everybody a full wage then some.

What a cluster!

Let not talk about all the $$$ wasted on consultation and working groups.

Edited by Sailing NZ