Sailing NZ

Covid19 the swedish approach...

1 hour ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Numbers as at - Last updated: April 04, 2020, 01:47 GMT. A few minutes ago.

Interesting to see at this stage Swedens numbers are quite average. Also NZ's are out of kilter.

The jibberjabber from the 'experts' is suggesting 10's of 1000's of NZers could die from Covid.

covid1.gif

The 'NZ projected' numbers are what NZ would expect if it got the world average infections and deaths. So today we have above world average infections but well below average deaths. One can look at those numbers and see a distortion happening, next to NZ.

Are those growing many who are saying as soon as the lock down gets lifted the virus will party hard out so why not just get on and get it over and done with like correct? It's beginning to very much look like they are and all we are doing today is delaying the inevitable.

Correct KM. I with you on this now.

Deaths now or deaths later....    But keep the economy in tact to afford the resources every Kiwi needs.

2 hours ago, erice said:

are we prepping to go back to level 3?

...Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield briefed media this afternoon.

There are 52 new confirmed cases and 30 probables, Bloomfield said. That brings the total number of confirmed and probable cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand to 950.

Bloomfield said he would provide advice to Cabinet this week as to whether the lockdown should be extended.

Bloomfield there has been a "flattening off" of new cases but he would like to see another two or three days of lower new case numbers to be confident of that.

"It may well be it [Covid-19] has peaked now.

"The number of cases does seem to be levelling off," Bloomfield said.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12322478

Wrong Bloomfield!!!;..

The virus has not peaked. Just your testing of the virus has!

Quadruple the number of tests and make 50% random then review the results.

25 minutes ago, Sabre said:

Or are we best to manage the spread so the health system can cope? The higher death rates seem to occur when the health system is overwhelmed. 

Government had said they would like to eradicate which I cant see happening but atleast by going into lockdown early we have bought a little time to increase our ability to cope ie more ventilators, hospital space, ppe etc

It has also bought a little time to see how the approach of different countries is working. It would be great if we could have learnt something from China as they have had a good headstart on the rest of us but unfortunately their stats just dont add up and they are more concerned with how they look rather than facts and peoples wellbeing.

I know for a fact I would much rather be in NZ than most other countries right now. 

Why do we need more space, ventilators,  ...  Shouldn't Bloomfield / our health board / Governments have  not been on top of this year's ago post SARs etc when the warning bells were ringing.... Oh thats right we had to waste money on bailouts, Pacific Islands, welfare for unemployed kids having babies, student loans, blah blah blah

And some around here wonder why they had to work all thier life and pay 50% of their income in taxes ( local body, GST, Income)... and For what?

Politicians do not work that hard, but they sure get paid well for bad decisions.

And I don't see the cutting thier wages for the good of all.

Where are you Cindy, Peters and Bridge?

Wan#ers

47 minutes ago, Sailing NZ said:

Why do we need more space, ventilators,  ...  Shouldn't Bloomfield / our health board / Governments have  not been on top of this year's ago post SARs etc when the warning bells were ringing.... Oh thats right we had to waste money on bailouts, Pacific Islands, welfare for unemployed kids having babies, student loans, blah blah blah

And some around here wonder why they had to work all thier life and pay 50% of their income in taxes ( local body, GST, Income)... and For what?

Politicians do not work that hard, but they sure get paid well for bad decisions.

And I don't see the cutting thier wages for the good of all.

Where are you Cindy, Peters and Bridge?

Wan#ers

Sorry I cant relate to where you are at with all this. It took 2-3 months to reach 50k deaths and another 10k have died in the last 24hrs. To me it looks like this thing is just ramping up and you and a couple of others suggest this thing should just be left to run rampant?

Call me a silly plonker but I have a lot more faith in the WHO and the health experts advising our government than a couple of disgruntled crew.orgers.

As far as I'm concerned we are looking really good and as a whole I am happy with most of the decisions that have been made so far and the position it has put us in.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. 

2 hours ago, Sailing NZ said:

Oh thats right we had to waste money on bailouts, Pacific Islands, welfare for unemployed kids having babies, student loans, blah blah blah

Crikey John I thought you would be far too occupied building Bronagh a new palace in Parnell to come round here frothing at the mouth.

4 hours ago, Sabre said:

Sorry I cant relate to where you are at with all this. It took 2-3 months to reach 50k deaths and another 10k have died in the last 24hrs. To me it looks like this thing is just ramping up and you and a couple of others suggest this thing should just be left to run rampant?

Call me a silly plonker but I have a lot more faith in the WHO and the health experts advising our government than a couple of disgruntled crew.orgers.

As far as I'm concerned we are looking really good and as a whole I am happy with most of the decisions that have been made so far and the position it has put us in.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. 

Good for you. Let's see aye.

3 hours ago, Priscilla II said:

Crikey John I thought you would be far too occupied building Bronagh a new palace in Parnell to come round here frothing at the mouth.

Sorry Cindy, I thought you might be dealing with Covid19. While hubby went fishing, and daddy hangs with the lads in Tokelau on the tax payer.