Sign in to follow this  
Sailing NZ

Covid19 Kaitaia

NZ DHB's dropping the ball in a big way, big ups to Lance. NZ could be run with 1 HB for the whole country should be way more efficient, as long as all areas are treated equally. Who is giving the advice to the Govt that all is well??

3 hours ago, Steve Pope said:

NZ DHB's dropping the ball in a big way, big ups to Lance. NZ could be run with 1 HB for the whole country should be way more efficient, as long as all areas are treated equally. Who is giving the advice to the Govt that all is well??

Correct. But the DHBs are not getting enough swabs because the Government didn't order enough.

Funny how the daily infection rate is hovering around the 70-80 rate and is directly proportional to the daily testing rate.

This tells me that if the doubled the tests they would double the infection rate.

So why are they not testing testing testing?...   Cos... Not enough test swabs or they are trying to make it look better than it is?

23 hours ago, Steve Pope said:

I suspect the Govt. knows the exact situation, but will stand & lie to the Nation to "prevent panic" which they justify as in the public interest.

33 minutes ago, Bad Kitty said:

I suspect the Govt. knows the exact situation, but will stand & lie to the Nation to "prevent panic" which they justify as in the public interest.

Yup - that is exactly what is happening.  It will be true that they do have enough swabs, that they do have capacity to test x number per day.  However I believe that they are deliberately holding back test kit supply for mid to late next week for a change in testing regime one e they believe they have this first wave of infection back under control.  At least that’s what i’d be doing now.  It won’t be that easy for this little pimple to import the materials needed to test indefinitely and without restriction.