Boating now heavily restricted

15 minutes ago, whitepointer said:

So that means some Asian type people can still go fishing of the rocks at lion rock Piha in a 3 mtr swell🤨

Your comment is out of line and I've reported it. We don't need racism in NZ, or anywhere.

#givenothingtoracism

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, banaari said:

Damn. It's explicit: "Hunting, boating, yachting and any team sports or training are not allowed."

https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-3/#workers-and-businesses

typical  nonsense

you can drive 45mins to go for a swim at the beach - you can't drive to the bach

you can go for a surf - you can't go for a yacht - what about a windsurf or kiteboard?

You can have multiple person to person contact in a supermarket - you can't go to your local bike shop.

Just an arbitary set of rules based around no scientific data. Written by some civil service authoritarian beaurocrats in MBIE who think their job is an essential service - working out (after them at the top of the list) who is an essential service and who can go to the wall. Dumb. Go check out Taiwan's view on all this. 

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, TazzyDevil said:

So looks like I can at least check on my boat, and finish a few jobs off!

nothing about diving so can do that and nothing about sailing in non- motorised boats that aren’t yachts so the PT will get a hoon at my local beach!

You're out of luck

FAQs

How far can I drive to do a recreation activity?

You should drive as short a distance as you can, and still do the activity. You must stay local.

Hunting, boating, yachting and any team sports or training are not allowed.

12 minutes ago, Puff said:

You're out of luck

FAQs

You should drive as short a distance as you can, and still do the activity. You must stay local.

I live at the beach and sailing a beach cat is not yachting- no different to surfing in terms of so my read is I’ll be all good. Kind of like how Winnie is good to fish off his lawn in lockdown.

Where is this whole "motorised" rumour coming from

Here is the official Covid-19 page

https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-3

Recreation

We know that exercise and recreation is an important part of maintaining our health and wellbeing. However, this also presents a very high risk of transmission if we come into contact with others, use or touch common equipment or surfaces, or need rescuing or medical care.

The most important principle here is to stay safe (so that you do not need rescuing or medical care), and to stay physically distant from people outside of your bubble.

You can do activities that are local, which you can do safely, and which do not involve interacting with other people, or equipment touched by other people. You should go to your nearest beach or park, not your favourite one. Staying overnight at a bach or holiday home is not permitted.

If you are an experienced surfer, you can go to your local break. If you’re not experienced, don’t surf. If you want to go fishing you can do so from a wharf or the shore, but don’t cast off the rocks or fish from a boat (boating is not allowed). Tramping is ok for day walks on easy trails, same for mountain biking if you are experienced and know the trail. Please be aware of maintaining two metres distance from other people.

Do not use any common equipment touched by people from outside your bubble.

Now is not the time to take up new activities, or expose yourself or your bubble to any risk. Use your common sense – stay local, stay safe.

FAQs

What sort of activities can I do?

You can drive to a nearby area to go for a walk or run, for example a beach 45 minutes away. This could mean travelling outside your region if the nearest beach or park if it is still within a close distance to your home – for example travelling from Porirua to Paraparaumu.

You can go for a swim at the beach, a day walk, or fishing from a wharf.