Sailing NZ

Boating now heavily restricted

1 hour ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

I just organised a sail for the weekend, assuming the weather is OK....which isn't lookin flash bugger it.

MNZ have said servicing and testing gear on boats is now OK as long as you are 'marine industry' :thumbup:

Emirates TNZ back out according to the stuff.

Where are YNZ on this? 

I just organised a sail for the weekend, assuming the weather is OK....which isn't lookin flash bugger it.

MNZ have said servicing and testing gear on boats is now OK as long as you are 'marine industry' :thumbup:

Emirates TNZ back out according to the stuff.

Where are YNZ on this? 

My spies tell me that TNZ are about to got sailing in the paddock

3 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Can u post a linky to their latest update, cant find it on their website. I need to go out and test if my mainsail works and got stopped last time I tried. 

1 hour ago, Vorpal Blade said:

Can u post a linky to their latest update, cant find it on their website. I need to go out and test if my mainsail works and got stopped last time I tried. 

5 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

Bastard

It is one of my specialities ;)

No link sorry Gents, it came in via a industry email, have some copy n paste action instead. In from NZ Marine.

BREAKING NEWS - Maritime NZ approve NZ Marine's request for marine companies on-water activity

Further to our Fastmail advice of 28 April where we advised that we are continuing to research the opportunity for different sectors of the marine industry to be able to get back to work under Covid 19 Alert Level 3, we are pleased to advise that, after consultation with and the assistance of Maritime NZ,  the following business activity is allowed:

1. Marine industry companies are permitted to sea-trial new and serviced boats/vessels, in an inner harbour sheltered water area, as part of their normal business practice, subject to the company having workplace plans in place to comply with the physical distancing and contactless customer requirements and other requirements of Covid 19 alert Level 3.

2. Marine industry companies are permitted to motor/move a customer’s boat/vessel, in an inner harbour sheltered water area, to a local servicing area or haulout yard for marine companies to refit/service the boat/vessel, as part of their normal business practice, subject to the company having work place plans in place to comply with the physical distancing and contactless customer requirements and other requirements of Covid 19 Alert Level 3.

3. Marine industry companies in the business of selling their own stock boats or on behalf of vendor’s boats as part of their normal business practice may do so subject to the company having workplace plans in place to comply with the physical distancing and contactless customer requirements and other requirements of Covid 19 Alert Level 3. In doing so boat shops, display rooms and boat agency offices will need to remain closed to the public and customers.

Examples of rules relating to real estate agents for showing a limited number of customers houses, that vendors have agreed to be shown under Alert Level 3, can be applied to a boat broker opening a boat for a viewing by a customer – with the maximum of two people from the same bubble viewing a boat. Refer to the Real Estate Authority policy document attached as a guide to the requirements of the workplace plan and actions required to represent boats for sale under Alert Level 3.

We've made quite a few new ding painters that need testing, I maybe out for quite a while....about 2 dozen cold WCB Punakaiki Pilsners long.

2 hours ago, Vorpal Blade said:

I saw that mainsail and have to agree, it is a big issue, a safety issue and I think may need a sail maybe as far as Rakino to suss it out properly, that is OK as it's inside the harbour limits. And don't forget to be safe by take lots of liquids and be prepared to self-isolate in Woody Bay just in case you sneeze ;)