Sailing NZ

Boating now heavily restricted

Nope. If you are already out, living aboard, you are still supposed to stay there. As at this morning, I just called the maritime unit and asked.

You can go home ( if you have one) but then must stay there.  Otherwise you can not move except for safety, medical, or food.

2 hours ago, 44forty said:

What about the rest of the country that doesn’t have the gulf on the door step ? Or a boat in the marina ?  Fark no wonder there is great disdain for Aucklanders and larger boat owners 

They Holden Crewmans and get them back to show room condition

3 hours ago, 44forty said:

What about the rest of the country that doesn’t have the gulf on the door step ? Or a boat in the marina ?  Fark no wonder there is great disdain for Aucklanders and larger boat owners 

Exactly, as an Aucklander I really don't give a flying poo about the rest of the country, and yes I have a huge boat, fark the rest of you blah blah..................or I could have a genuine concern about human rights, but you clearly understand me so well.

So it’s not possible to go to Fiji , raro etc or to Q town , Wellington or wherever for a break but it should be ok to go cruising ? 

im an ex Aucklander and have many friends and family there . I’ve also worked at several outfits that built large boats , power and sail in auck .

Im not anti either of the above but sometimes understand the anti Auckland sentiment and the anti large boat view 

How is it ok to go cruising? You have to stay where you are. If at home, your stuck there. Same at batch or boat. You have to stay where you are , in your bubble.

I fail to see why this is so hard to follow.

If you talk to the police it is quite evident they also have no clear understanding of what they are supposed to and are allowed to do. We hunted some down yesterday, which was far from easy unlike finding speed camera vans 🥴 , and asked them if we'd be arrested for driving to our place up north. They asked why, we told them and they said 'Good to go, watch you bubble'. But they also said the next lot of their mates we run into may see it differently.

Anyway, WTF dude, a Crewman is for millennials something you sure as hell aren't ;) 

54 minutes ago, harrytom said:

They Holden Crewmans and get them back to show room condition

You fella are the Holden Sandman generation. Hell there is a high chance someone reading this was conceived in one and while their probably stoned n pissed parents had this mob playing on the cars cassette player :)

lip service.jpg

I've been deep into the garage of doom and found a box of early 1980. Talk about flashbacks............