What is Russell Coutts up to..

....and.... by the sound of it....... pushing a more "let's have fun and just go sailing" approach than the raceracerace brigade

Which works for me..

• Upvote 1

He was a key part (from skipper to head honcho) is what, five consecutive AC victories? Six? 

I doubt that will ever be equaled. 

I met his smarter brother once when he dropped into our club - very unassuming and gracious person. 

11 hours ago, wal said:

....and.... by the sound of it....... pushing a more "let's have fun and just go sailing" approach than the raceracerace brigade

Which works for me..

Yeah and it’s great to see you guys being fun ambassadors down at the local . The return for sailing as whole is far greater than spending millions on a select few to go to the olympics 

3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

He was a key part (from skipper to head honcho) is what, five consecutive AC victories? Six? 

I doubt that will ever be equaled. 

I met his smarter brother once when he dropped into our club - very unassuming and gracious person. 

3 wins as skipper equal with Charlie Barr on the water.

10 minutes ago, Sailing NZ said:

Best sailor ever?   ...

Gold medal as well.

I think DC won more AC races and was closest to the Trifecta (as Skipper) with Whitbread 3rd?, Olympic Gold, and AC wins.

Ainslie is the only guy who could topple them both?

On the sherry all ready...

169F140B-EDBF-41BF-948F-F1AF40833C75.jpeg

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Priscilla II said:

On the sherry all ready...

169F140B-EDBF-41BF-948F-F1AF40833C75.jpeg

Is that a statement or question?...

Try to moderate your drinking eh!

Not even close.

Coutts by a country mile followed by Ainsley. Then Conner.

I don't rate the 49er ahead of the finn.

The finn is a tougher class to win.

I suspect he just meant you are quite wrong Sailing NZ and based on results, Burlings are perhaps better.

DC has ‘only’ a Bronze medal from the Olympics, not a gold.

Ainslie has a ‘few’ golds ;-) but not the success of burling in the AC (yes he won with oracle)

Burling has 2(?) olympic medals, countless world championships (in more than just the 49r), a very comprehensive AC win as skipper and a podium finish in the last volvo.

As for you not rating the 49r. I dont rate your opinion or fact checking skills, Mine are heaps better!  

• Upvote 1

At 29 Pistol Pete has potentially 4 more AC campaigns ahead of him which would age him @ 46 compared to Ainslie who is presently 43.

Adding to the chest of gold he has to date tucked under his bed another Olympic medal or two along with the Worlds and his total haul would give Long John Silver and his parrot a woody.

Sale NZ your assumption the only Ainslie can push Coutts off his perch is as usual pretty damned laughable.

Bubble on.

• Upvote 1

I think you will find Pete Russell and Dennis held the rank of skipper.

Ben has not skippered a AC winner nor defender.

If Prada build a boat that can stay together and win the AC Jimmy will join Russel Dennis and Charlie in the Skippered 3 club well before Ben gets to chalk up a single win. 

11 minutes ago, Sailing NZ said:

P**$ off. It's way better mothertrucker. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I didn't want to say that and burst Priscilla's bubble. 😁🤙

Na still too polite . We need some Queenslanders and San Franciscans to lower the tone . And some demented kiwis from Devonport