removin sail numbers

Anyone know what's good to get the glue remains off a sail when you pull the sail numbers off one?

Nothin dodgy just swapping the black ones for faster red ones in search of that last 0.0001% ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a new sail ya tight bastard.

DOH!! never crossed my mind. I've been running thru this and that and many of them but Meths never featured.

But nearly 4 weeks in and desperation is close at hand, have I drunk it all yet or do I have enough left over :)

MEK is a nasty liquid and I think while it gets into your pores and slowly kills you it will also do the same to the sail. I try hard to keep away from MEK....but strangely I do like it's smell.

I do have some so will take it tomorrow but I'll go meths first I think. I've also got acetone and some Isopropl and best of all, surgical gloves.

11 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

MEK is a nasty liquid and I think while it gets into your pores and slowly kills you it will also do the same to the sail. I try hard to keep away from MEK....but strangely I do like it's smell.

I do have some so will take it tomorrow but I'll go meths first I think. I've also got acetone and some Isopropl and best of all, surgical gloves.

Yip KM highly Carcinogenic... as they say at this time be safe...but it does work on most adhesive sealants very well IMHE