LPG consumption

per comments above there are quite a few variables affecting consumption:

no of people?

ambient climate?

califont? (heavy consumer)

quantity of baking ?(another heavy consumer)

microwave oven available?

On our 5 mth island cruise last year 2 x  9 kg bottles were used until we departed Noumea for NZ. There was still some gas left in the bottle at Noumea, but I changed to a full bottle prior to departure as I did not want to have to change at sea - my gas bottle locker is accessed via a transom door.

This was for an average of 2 people, tropics (except for the passages), no califont, baking maybe once a week and using a microwave when appropriate. Also the BBQ has a separate bottle, but we did not actually use that as much as I expected.

I find with average daily family use I go through about 1kg per week ie a standard 4.5kg bottle gives me about a month. Sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less depending on how you cook. If you pan-fry all your meals / meat then it’s obviously over in a few minutes. But if you fancy a winter-warming slow cooked pot or oven roast then obviously you chew through more.

5kg bottle - 4 weeks give or take a wee bit.      2 people, hearty meals cooked from scratch, using the oven for baking etc about every other day, sparing use of the Califont. Use a wee bit less when it's warm, a wee bit more when the temperature drops.