Fuel excise duty refund and regional fuel tax rebate entitlements

12 hours ago, Steve Pope said:

Yeah Wellsford is in auckland catchment, and they hate it. Cheaper prices are because of Gull self service on the way up the hill on the left.

Maungaturoto 93 is $2.09.

Interestingly Marsden point refinery can't be much more than 3 or 4 metres above high tide, nobody seems concerned re the future tidal increases.

NZ fuel storage is well below the recommended minimum, with only days supply and not the several weeks supply that is supposed to be the minimum amount held.

I would supply figures, if I could remember where I saw them. ;-)

Those of us living in the Warkworth district hate being part of the Auckland Council as well, and in spite of the dedicated efforts by Bill Townson we have not been able to escape.

Your question about fuel storage is interesting and there does not seem to be a single set of data covering the entire country. This spreadsheet details NZ's consumption of petroleum products: 

https://www.mbie.govt.nz/assets/Data-Files/Energy/nz-energy-quarterly-and-energy-in-nz/Oil.xlsx

This report into the break of the pipeline between Marsden and Wiri terminal includes details of storage at both ends

https://www.dia.govt.nz/Auckland-Fuel-Line---Final-Report---Part-A

of note is that 40% of fuel handled is Jet A1. This table taken from the report shows available storage for ground fuels at each end

Fuel storage.png

I found a presentation from Wiri that says their storage is sufficient for approx 6 days consumption in its area of distribution. Of course Marsden also has to hold stock to feed other ~10 terminals around the country. Gull's terminal at Mt Maunganui holds 90 M litres. On top of this if you consider the worst case of oil supply being completely cut Marsden also has its inventory of oil for processing which probably has a similar storage capacity to its product storage. My educated guess considering the above is there is probably around 1 mths fuel if the bulk of available storage is utilised, this table taken from Z Energy submission to the 2012 review of Oil Fuel's security seems to support that(cannot find anything more current)

Z storage.png

The last interesting document I found was this risk review from 2017. Looks in particular at disruption events including possible Tsunami or earthquake at Marsden

https://www.mbie.govt.nz/assets/c3a1dee1b0/petroleum-supply-security-september-2017.pdf

Lots of rainy day reading for those who are interested

All in all as Steve observes we are not in a great situation with insufficient reserves should there be an adverse event

Edit, also found this table in https://comcom.govt.nz/__data/assets/pdf_file/0032/168359/Retail-fuel-market-study-Draft-report-20-August-2019.PDF

terminal capacities.png

On 1/05/2020 at 3:13 PM, Rehabilitated said:

No horse registration is compulsory with sever consequences for falsifying the data / information. 

Only registered horses we had were Harness horses . Registration was ice burned into their coat under the mane .

had a Clydesdale with a station brand on it too . Particular breed societies have certifications and registrations .

never heard of registration for all horses like what happens with dogs ?

15 minutes ago, Rehabilitated said:

No posted so far has stated that registration for all horses is necessary. Equestrian competing horses require registration to compete on a international level.

On 1/05/2020 at 1:53 PM, Rehabilitated said:

I did add a provision re the registration. You are wrong regarding horses they are registered and the register maintained and policed  rigorously .

On 1/05/2020 at 3:13 PM, Rehabilitated said:

No horse registration is compulsory with sever consequences for falsifying the data / information. 

Man do you even keep track of how many different directions you seem to face, compulsory, is required, now you are trying to argue people have not managed to prove a proposition that you originally said was compulsory, when all they are doing is proving what you said is wrong.  Please go back to small talk and continue to spin yourself in every direction possible.

39 minutes ago, Rehabilitated said:

No posted so far has stated that registration for all horses is necessary. Equestrian competing horses require registration to compete on a international level.

Thanks for clearing it up 

• Upvote 1