16 hours ago, Sabre said:

Not sure if you are referring to my post on the previous page but I suspect you are.

My thoughts were based on having shot literally thousands of animals in the head as a pest control contractor and not a single one of them lived.. not one.

I'm a 100% confident if I shot Opha in the head she would no longer be with us.

Does that make me one of the muppets you refer to?

Not a single individual or any individual post/s were worthy of even a infinitesimal momentary thought when I wrote my post.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen pretty extensive bleeding from a nail in my foot, a slice to my hand etc.  You can have your opinion, but given what I have seen her up to in the marina I would place way more weight on a

KM ....king of muppets. Black hole of negativity. All things chain, rope or anchor notwithstanding.

It is interesting that the researcher, LeopardSeals.org co-founder Dr Krista Hupman, thinks that the problem of dinghies being destroyed is caused by boaties: "It is the responsibility of boat ow

Posted Images

It is interesting that the researcher, LeopardSeals.org co-founder Dr Krista Hupman, thinks that the problem of dinghies being destroyed is caused by boaties:

"It is the responsibility of boat owners to ensure their dinghies and fenders are pulled out of the water to prevent any damage."

So can we no longer tie a dinghy behind our boat, or leave a fender hanging to prevent damage?

3 minutes ago, ex Elly said:

It is interesting that the researcher, LeopardSeals.org co-founder Dr Krista Hupman, thinks that the problem of dinghies being destroyed is caused by boaties:

"It is the responsibility of boat owners to ensure their dinghies and fenders are pulled out of the water to prevent any damage."

So can we no longer tie a dinghy behind our boat, or leave a fender hanging to prevent damage?

In short no.

Well, you can. But don't complain if it gets destroyed...

To be fair, there is a known risk now of having an inflatable boat in the water. If that risk is known, you need to either address it or accept the risk. Ways to address it are:

1) take up golf (and give up boating)

2) take your dinghy out of the water

3) get a hard dinghy

4) accept the risk, in which case I'd get the cheapest bullshit deflatable I can find, no point in getting a top shelf Southern Pacific yadda yadda dinghy.

The fender issue is a newer one. How to stop your boat getting munted on the dock... we normally use a fender...

Elly u are onto it.

I'd imagine that the people at Juicy Rentals feel the same way about  Keas. Hear the tourists when we had em exclaim "Aww look at the cute liddle mountain pawwots ripping the wind screen sealant out .." 

Reluctantly I agree there are some similarities in the situation. Both are wild, both are apparently cute (seals don't do it for me but that's how I roll), both have habitat intrusion by naughty mankind, both suffering from global warming  (lets not get into that).

I just wish the seal would keep to its own backyard like the Keas do, and no I cannot accept "that the sea" is a brief summary of Leopard Seals backyards. 

The one difference I cannot overlook is that those pesky green ratbags don't eat people - like ever.

I'd be fine with a Kea visiting my backyard because I'm confident I'm not gonna loose a leg or anything. Cannot say same about the seal. Call me paranoid.

55 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

My theory is she only eats white ones.

I'm sure that is a discriminatory statement on some level.

I'm even more sure, in these current times, that someone is going to take offence to that statement and feel deeply aggrieved.

I mean, my dinghy is grey, are you excluding my dinghy based on its colour, or the fact it is tucked up in a nice dry dinghy locker and is completely neglected by me, cause I never get to use my boat how I want to...?

Jokes aside, it would be interesting to know if she only eats the natural coloured dinghies, like red and yellow ones don't look much like any normal seal or other food source.

We could do a quick crew survey.

Anyone lost a brightly coloured dinghy to Owha?

My one is brand new. I think I'll keep it safely tucked up in its dinghy locker... unless I get laid off next week, then I'll either be at Bon Accord, Sullivans or Ftizroy... and my dinghy will be in the water.