How selfish... what about the greater good, and anyway my white deflatable is the 'bait'. Don't forget we'd be doing this in the name of science.

I am angling toward the hope that we might get an offer of some kind of gratuitous grant from DOC. Plus I would get a new dinghy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen pretty extensive bleeding from a nail in my foot, a slice to my hand etc.  You can have your opinion, but given what I have seen her up to in the marina I would place way more weight on a

KM ....king of muppets. Black hole of negativity. All things chain, rope or anchor notwithstanding.

It is interesting that the researcher, LeopardSeals.org co-founder Dr Krista Hupman, thinks that the problem of dinghies being destroyed is caused by boaties: "It is the responsibility of boat ow

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Fish said:

Anyone lost a brightly coloured dinghy to Owha?

She ate 2 of our black ones....or very dark grey, depending on the light.

4 if you count both tubes in both boats.

That's a good question Fish. Does Owha see in color even when it is spelt incorrectly? 

I'd expect she wouldn't know what colour it was - given she is a  native of an area about as far as u can get away from the land of piss poor spelling.

7 hours ago, lateral said:

KM ....king of muppets.

Black hole of negativity.

All things chain, rope or anchor notwithstanding.

Hey Lateral, KM he got pretty thick skin and a lot of admirers so better take a number and get to the back of the queue!

anyway this is the king of the muppets

2086562474-Pepe-jacket.jpg

1 hour ago, Romany said:

That's a good question Fish. Does Owha see in color even when it is spelt incorrectly? 

I'd expect she wouldn't know what colour it was - given she is a  native of an area about as far as u can get away from the land of piss poor spelling.

I was thinking white, grey, or black are all shades of things that naturally occur around where leopard seals normally live. Things like ice, penguins, other seals etc. Where as bright colours like yellow or red are fairly hard to confuse with, for example, a potentially amouris other leopard seal. My logic being that an inflatable tube could be mistaken for some sort of seal or something, either that or dinner, and Owha is just wanting to get lucky. If we can prove she has never shagged or eaten or brightly coloured one, it could be a way forward for those wanting to leave their dinghies in the water.

16 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Oh dear. Please send a postcard.

I wish. Lockdown wasn't much of a holiday.

Equally as irrelevant. I repiled a section of the house.

Moral of story, don't romance about building around a tree. There are easier ways of gaining points.

I'm still puzzled why DOC haven't employed aversion therapy as seemingly the object is the welfare of the animal.

Or do they think deflatables are a natural part of their habitat to floss on?