Fish

She's Back...

16 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Oh dear. Please send a postcard.

I wish. Lockdown wasn't much of a holiday.

Equally as irrelevant. I repiled a section of the house.

Moral of story, don't romance about building around a tree. There are easier ways of gaining points.

I'm still puzzled why DOC haven't employed aversion therapy as seemingly the object is the welfare of the animal.

Or do they think deflatables are a natural part of their habitat to floss on?

What berth were you on when she came for that munch, Mr D Purple?

I get updates from the monitoring team and let them know of bits I see and hear. I told them about a couple of sightings and fender dinners she'd had. So if anyone has a incident can they please note what berth, or close as, where that is please and I'll let the team know. More detail gives them more to track and predict...not to mention the big seal in the room, pick up on any signs of behavioural changes, especially ones that may lead to her biting more than fenders, dingys and fish.

Her movements update is saying she's back in AKL and is likely to be here i.e. in the Waitamata, for the rest of the year, based on patterns they are seeing develop.

The latest from the team about her local movements is this  - Based on the reports we have been getting she has been spending a lot of time in the upper harbour with the odd sighting at Westhaven. She has also been visiting a few people out on the water, but no indication of dangerous behaviour, more curiosity.

3 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

What berth were you on when she came for that munch, Mr D Purple?

I get updates from the monitoring team and let them know of bits I see and hear. I told them about a couple of sightings and fender dinners she'd had. So if anyone has a incident can they please note what berth, or close as, where that is please and I'll let the team know. More detail gives them more to track and predict...not to mention the big seal in the room, pick up on any signs of behavioural changes, especially ones that may lead to her biting more than fenders, dingys and fish 

Closest berth to sails restaurant

962A473A-1FD9-4530-B2B3-BE6BCDCEE433.jpeg

The team watching the leopards NZ wide and our Westhaven lump of blubber would like everyone to use the linked form when they want to report a Seal munching i.e if Miss Blubber eat ya dingy go to this link, fill it out and then Giverny can build a better database of the damage she is causing. Not sure why they want that but I'm guessing it;s so there is a picture built of just what Blubber is doing and the cost.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdpBRd4OYVwzlQykOYkC9XViY9Mh1gVJvrY6Ntv6wioCuvzzw/viewform

I've been cheeky and asked if they have any dollar value they can tell me. I'll let you know what comes back, if anything does. There maybe some sort of data protection, who knows these days.

No need for you Mr D Purple, I've done it for you and even added the photo ;)