marinheiro

Water - a precious resource

It's very clear that many of you know way more than I do about this subject . . 

So am I correct in thinking that there is a major difference between an ocean outfall 

with zero treatment, vs. ones that do primary? 

Does anyone do secondary? 

Thanks 

5 hours ago, marinheiro said:

Guess what Rehab, we already have them for those connected to scheme water - I have a metered water bill to pay today.

https://www.watercare.co.nz/Water-and-wastewater/Water-meters

Just for once, how about checking your facts before posting

I'm told Devenport house holds r not metered and they do not have to pay for the water irrespective of how much they use. Not a single dollar Care to apologise.

U getting a little rain so turn in your sprinklers, wash your cars, boats, driveways, the carbon on your houses exteriors.

2 hours ago, Rehabilitated said:

I'm told Devenport house holds r not metered and they do not have to pay for the water irrespective of how much they use. Not a single dollar Care to apologise.

U getting a little rain so turn in your sprinklers, wash your cars, boats, driveways, the carbon on your houses exteriors.

We had a meter when I lived in Devonport ,that was up until 1982,so have things changed??

unless you are on a tank your water is metered in Auckland.  Hamilton, Wellington and Dunedin dont have water meters.  Auckland Tauranga and Christchurch do. 

Auckland average usage is 160l per day, guess what it is in Hamilton?  224 litres, what about Dunedin?  212 litres.  Wellington 229 litres.

Tauranga, the same as Auckland, Christchurch between Auckland and the unmetered cities.

Guess what, charge people for use and they value it.  Make it free and who cares.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2020/02/27/1055168/water-meters-the-awkward-question

Rehab spinning on a pin

It's actually worse than that DF. Don't meter  water and low users subsidise high users by imposition of a standard charge.. Usually that means people with lower financial resources pay for people on higher incomes to use more and waste more. Even  countries like Vietnam meter usage. Metering  also has the effect of controlling need for unnecessary  extra infrastructure . Not many people expect unmetered electricity for this very reason. BTW haven't Water'care' done a fantastic job at managing Auckland's water. All those high salaries, Directors fees and planning experts have done a fabulous job at managing ,controlling and planning a monopoly. The benefits of privatisation ,like electricity 'reforms' are clear now to everyone !!!???

It's a complete rort by Watercare, mismanagement at it's best.  And they want to take over New Zealand's entire water network.  Honestly the idea gives me chills. Building a case for water rates increases along with utter control by one organisation, reminds me of another organisation running a central marina in Auckland.  

How is it a rort by water care that we are experiencing pretty much the worst drought on record, yet there is still world class drinking water coming out of your tap?

Most who are on tank water are struggling as well, there were issues during the lockdown with people unable to get deliveries. Tank users though tend to be a lot more cognisant of their water usage as they see their resovior  going down in front of them and react accordingly

Christchurch water is metered, but not charged on that basis? I thought water and wastewater rates are a lump sum? Been a while since I lived there so can’t really remember.