Ryobi didn't cut it

Or you could get an electric halyard winch,  position it so you can tail then take the line back to the winch.

Have that set up, works a treat

Personally I think Ryobi is not up to snuff, remember returning something at Bunnings and a third of the people in the returns queue had a Ryobi something or other in their hands, telling.

There is someone advertising a Winchrite ABT electric winch handle for sale in my clubs enews if that sounds any good. $1500 new, asking $1200. 
Looks like they go for $779us from the manufacturer. No idea what they are like. 

4 hours ago, mattm said:

There is someone advertising a Winchrite ABT electric winch handle for sale in my clubs enews if that sounds any good. $1500 new, asking $1200. 
Looks like they go for $779us from the manufacturer. No idea what they are like. 

They are crap compared to the Milwaukee 28v unit. I have a neighbour that has a Winchrite - we recon it does not provide 1/2 the power that the Milwaukee does. 

Yes, with the auto adapter - you can order it with one, or you can use a small inverter, but that's less efficient. Be sure to order the 230v charger as well, or it will come with a 110v one.

Milwaukee no longer make the M28. It has been replaced with the M18 SuperHawg. One way to source it is to have a mate bring it back from the states for you. The batteries and charger can be sourced locally. Be careful with the M28, some have had promblems with the trigger being used for throttle control.This can cause the smoke to leak out and its a challenge to get the smoke back in. Either full on or full off. The Hawk with a 9.0ah battery will lift a 150kg 100m. A winch bit is handy too.

thumbnail_IMG_1288.jpg