Suitcase Diesel air heater

Hi Vic - assuming you piad with a credit card, discuss a charge back claim with your card provider.  The process sits outside the aliexpress system - essentially if the bank thinks that you have been ripped, they reverse the transaction and recover from the vendor.  Its the one thing that makes eye-watering credit card fees worthwhile

1 hour ago, vic008 said:

Well that ended in tears.$326 actually

Have you actually gone through the aliexpress dispute process?

I have ordered hundreds of things through them and always got a refund when any issue arose.

Not unusual for stuff to not be delivered, tracking is often meaningless. I have also returned faulty stuff and got fully refunded including postage.

I believe it is one of the safest online purchasing portals around, just got to be patient to get your savings.

Never deal directly with the seller to settle a dispute, nothing to gain everything to lose.

• Upvote 2

Yes, went thru dispute, but it auto turned closed, as I didnt return the goods on time.(since never received) You tick 'refund and return' and they are meant to waive the return.

I had some jocker valves I order on aliexpress that I'd pretty much written off, but they turned up after sitting in NZ for close to a month. There must be a big pile sitting somewhere. Yours might just be at the bottom?

I'm very interested in one of these diesel heaters in a box. Am looking at getting a reasonable one myself and putting it in a box. I reckon some of these cheap ones can be more trouble than they are worth. While the heater components are often similar, the extra value is in the bits that make it go, control systems etc.