NEW CONTROLS ON POSTS

Five posts...that could restrict discussion to the detriment of the site.

Thinking of threads where help is asked for, thanks are given, questions raised and answered... That would quickly use up 5 posts.

Restricting posts to a number of threads per day might be a better solution.

One down, four to go

• Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, Rehabilitated said:

Disagree. They can be attended too the following day.

It's very unlikely a member would have more than the the sum off restrictions imposed during any two day period.

Members like knotme and wheels often have very good advice and they will then answer questions and add another post as they have remembered something

If they have to wait 24 hours to post, will they remember to do so?

• Upvote 5

I will admit after posting I thought that its a shame that the very, very small - but consistently bloody annoying minority screw it up for the majority. Such is life. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RushMan said:

Thinking of threads where help is asked for, thanks are given, questions raised and answered... That would quickly use up 5 posts.

One down, four to go

Then the restriction will also be good for training people to ask clear, concise, well contructed questions, and for others to give clear, complete considered responses.

Kinda like a bag limit, but different.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

Then the restriction will also be good for training people to ask clear, concise, well contructed questions, and for others to give clear, complete considered responses.

Kinda like a bag limit, but different.

I best say goodbye then, my brain tends to bounce ideas around, if I didn’t post them immediately then they are lost forever

don't rush off - the fewer balanced individuals there are, the more on the piss the whole thing becomes. 

Crikey I better wotch what I'm doing - 3 posts already. And there I go breaking the rules about bad language and spelling. Sorry teacher.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, RushMan said:

One down, four to go

11 times in the last 2 months I've gone over 5 per day. Put it down to new boat love affair but agreed. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Romany said:

don't rush off - the fewer balanced individuals there are, the more on the piss the whole thing becomes. 

Crikey I better wotch what I'm doing - 3 posts already. And there I go breaking the rules about bad language and spelling. Sorry teacher.

Agreed! I often wonder how reflective of society as a whole this site actually is. I realize that its more of the affluent end, due to the nature of boat owners, but still....

2 hours ago, RushMan said:

I best say goodbye then, my brain tends to bounce ideas around, if I didn’t post them immediately then they are lost forever

This receives a down vote from rehab... Why?

• Upvote 1

Must admit I’ve never heard (or been a member of) of a forum with a daily posting limit. There might be good reasons but it kind of goes against my instinct for free-markets ie let the ‘market’ judge the quality of the posters and let that determine usage patterns. We already have a voting system so you can vent your reactions easily enough - if you so choose. And the more prolific posters don’t prevent me or others posting. So I don’t really see the problem. As humans we tend to prefer fewer restrictions not more (deliberately topical I know 😊). It won’t affect me - I’m not a prolific poster - but I’d prefer this place remains unrestricted in terms of quantity and instead let quality be the yardstick.

• Upvote 2
44 minutes ago, Island Time said:

Agreed! I often wonder how reflective of society as a whole this site actually is. I realize that its more of the affluent end, due to the nature of boat owners, but still....

so now i'm a rich prick. 🤐 I have run out of posts

4 hours ago, harrytom said:

If someone has a question and km.wheels answer and then original poster replies.The conversation can still continue after 5 posts by pm each other??

That defeats the purpose of a forum

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Rehabilitated said:

Not sure. Rules state all rules apply to PM.

IT will have to confirm.

Be Kind.

Respect each others point of view.

Happy fishing.

Rehab. You are the cause of this rule. You alone, as I see it. You know this, you read IT’s post a few weeks back saying his preference was for you not to spam the site,  but it wasn’t currently against site rules so he was thinking of an effective rule to prevent it. You replied saying ‘preference noted’ then continued to spam the site with mostly illiterate dribble. 

Now you down vote people saying it may restrict people using this site for the purpose it was created - to talk about boating, when, again, you are the cause of this new rule, because of your constant posting of dribble and new threads mostly not relevant to boats. 

You’ve wasted IT’s time making new categories for topics and considering a new rule no other member necessitates the need for. I guess to save himself time on applying a rule evenly, he’s had to make a blanket rule over everyone, including people who make multiple helpful/ useful / insightful posts in one day. You are literally the minority, despised in every group in society, who ruins things for everyone else. 

You’ve posted on this thread saying you agree with the new rule. If you think max 5 posts a day is a good idea, maybe you should have self imposed that after IT (and many others) said he would prefer you not spam the site, and this wouldn’t be an issue. 

IT, your a patient man, must be hard and annoying to run the site with such non sense from one poster. I’d have permanently banned him long ago, but you have my support for running the site as you see fit, for the little that’s worth. 

• Upvote 10