• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Move out of Auckland man !  Problems solved 

You could argue working is "marina related." Hard to pay for marina berth without it. 

Its being brought in so marina renters don't park and walk to work.  "Please only park within Westhaven Marina when on site for a marina related purpose." Big Brother watching you.  You

Posted Images

I have no idea. Scenario of say a coastal classic weekend with crew cars all over the place would give Westhaven severe conniptions. Oe a week away for a crew member on your boat. Presumably will have to register with Westhaven beforehand.

for the last couple of coastals, crew have been told to get the berth owners to register the crew number plates with the westhaven office, they aren't interested in talking with crew about this

a couple of years ago the berth holder's son was either a late addition to the crew, or brought a different car,  and came back monday 1am? to find his car had been towed

Please only park within Westhaven Marina when on site for a marina related purpose

So does this mean that once you're out of the entrance on your boat for your race/cruise/whatever, you are technically in breach of their terms and conditions as you're no longer "on site"? Seems like these have been drawn up by someone with no clue as to the marinas actual purpose. 

Trying to work out how to manage first SSANZ race. I need to be in Westhaven for a rig inspection and stepping early afternoon, I want to do the squaddy rum race, I have a loan of a marina for the night and do the Baltic 60 the next day and afterwards pack up and head home but I see parking is limited to 24 hours. Sounds the only way is to leave the trailer attached to the car in the ramp carpark and go for a drive around the block either late Friday night or early Saturday morning to gain another 24 hours.

1 hour ago, Deep Purple said:

Trying to work out how to manage first SSANZ race. I need to be in Westhaven for a rig inspection and stepping early afternoon, I want to do the squaddy rum race, I have a loan of a marina for the night and do the Baltic 60 the next day and afterwards pack up and head home but I see parking is limited to 24 hours. Sounds the only way is to leave the trailer attached to the car in the ramp carpark and go for a drive around the block either late Friday night or early Saturday morning to gain another 24 hours.

Smile and remember there was that one time while we were racing Sunny that it was done for you without you even asking .....😎

4 hours ago, Maca said:

Last Coastal I asked for an extra car park pass and I was seriously asked if I couldn't use public transport.

In all seriousness, why not? surely some of your crew could?  I know I did last year

Alternativly get your crew to car pool and park at Z pier, its only $20 per day and you can buy 4 days at a time.

2 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

Hmm, I thought you could get up to 4 days parking at z pier🤔

http://www.zpier.co.nz/z-pier/getting-there/