• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is escalating quickly, there's a couple of Ross 1066's on TradeMe that look good fun too... Honestly right now I'm planning to list my boat, sail with some other crews, and go kayak fishing

I think the main question you need to ask yourself is what’s more important, cruising or racing. 1020 or  S34 best of both, 930 more race/sportboat style, 88 good for both but a bit dearer.  

Posted Images

Prices are coming back a bit too, but you get what you pay for and as always buy the very best example of whatever you choose even if you have to borrow a bit, in the end it will be cheaper, youll spend more time sailing and enjoy it far more. There is nothing more expensive than a cheap boat!

1 hour ago, Jon said:

When was the last time your 930 yacht sailed or do you prefer them on the back lawn ?

If you have multiple options, inc yachts, you tend to use the ones that provide the most fun and/or challenges. SR's current berth is more a reflection of how much fun or challenging there is out there we can use her in than it is for any other reason.

There maybe a Beale 33 coming up shortly. Owner had plans, got crook, they didn't happen.

From what I'm hearing it may go for a bit of a 'just need it gone' type price.

Just now, Knot Me... maybe said:

There maybe a Beale 33 coming up shortly. Owner had plans, got crook, they didn't happen.

I'm definitely keeping an eye open. I've had a couple of people through my boat so we'll see how that goes first, what I definitely don't want is two boats at once!

1 hour ago, Jon said:

The old classic carbon 930

never actually seen one on the water, perhaps that’s where they perform best

To be fair to KM, the average time it takes for a boat to leave the front yard after being taken home is about 30 years so he's still ahead of the game for another 5 years :)  

Edited by Tamure
6 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

As it appears that post has got a few ears pricked I have asked the owner what the current state of play is with her. I shall let those keen know.

I am being told she may need a little TLC on the cosmetic front but the $$ being mentioned means I'd almost be tempted myself...... note the 'almost', that is key to me waking up tomorrow.