Damn the Rules, Rocna Inventor doing the NW Passage

Agreed, but the job description seems to attract more than its share of cockwombles that prefer to tick boxes, (usually cross) on  generic

formatted documents (on tablets) that bares only a rudimentary similarity to the situation at hand. God knows what the author of

the script was thinking.

Or more simply they are mindless robots with no spine.

Some reside in glass towers draughting irrelevant shite, because they have never been at the coal face.

Unproductive paper pushers of the worst order.

I believe in a clean wake, so 50/50 on this. Each case on its own merit.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've reported this post. Adopting the language of the extreme right to describe people who support the rule of law sets a dangerous precedent for this forum. 

I'm getting offended by the amount of offense being taken around here. No one is calling anyone a w^&#$@r, a c**t or a fuckwit, which would be highly offensive. The OP is ju

Posted Images

Yeah, what ever. 

Disproportionately to rest of society, infected with same disease, tarred with same brush, same defective genes.

To deny us the right use common sense or #8 wire to fix things.

And the will to do good work.

The cotton wool mist is getting thicker by the day.

On 29/08/2020 at 7:02 AM, Sabre said:

Agreeing with the above statement makes it three times in about two weeks. Very unsettling to say the least.

When it does happen I have learnt to breathe into a paper bag until I stop hyperventilating....

I'm using Gin, seems to be working OK.

On 29/08/2020 at 9:45 AM, grantmc said:

In answer to your question, I think that ignoring the law and just sailing to NZ or Oz would have significant negative consequences. 
In Oz they'd just be regarded as wealthy 'boat people', their yachts confiscated and lengthy periods in one of the many Immigration camps until they could be repatriated.
Here in NZ consequences wouldn't be much better.

Agree, very different circumstances.

Agree the consequences would be negative in Aussie as it should be.

But disagree with the last sentence as I suspect all that would happen if they turned up here is a strongly worded letter at best.

39 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

^Only if they are NZ citizens or residents and can show they have a specific need or meet the relevant criteria.  You know, just to keep it real and not ZB-ish...

yeah like this guy who lied thru his teeth to get a visitors visa and now we are stuck with him

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/122166500/iranian-writer-behrouz-boochani-granted-refugee-status-in-nz

14 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

yeah like this guy who lied thru his teeth to get a visitors visa and now we are stuck with him

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/122166500/iranian-writer-behrouz-boochani-granted-refugee-status-in-nz

I don't know, anyone who can succeed after being detained for 6 years would appear to have a bit of tenacity, and may well be an asset to the country. Perhaps he could teach tenacity at schools, would be a hell of a good lesson in how you have to make sacrifices and preserver to achieve a goal.

24 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

What a complete and utter falsehood.

Behrouz was invited to come here for a writers festival and made a fully legal and compliant application for refugee status after enduring six years of our Aussie neighbours abominable inhumane refugee policies.

Hang your head in shame with Armchair where’s your humanity.