Damn the Rules, Rocna Inventor doing the NW Passage

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've reported this post. Adopting the language of the extreme right to describe people who support the rule of law sets a dangerous precedent for this forum. 

I'm getting offended by the amount of offense being taken around here. No one is calling anyone a w^&#$@r, a c**t or a fuckwit, which would be highly offensive. The OP is ju

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Priscilla II said:

What a complete and utter falsehood.

Actually it's not. He was invited here for the festival, that is correct. When he got here there was a wee whoha about it at which time he specifically said 'I'm here for the festival then leaving as per my visitors visa'. His sponsor, the Greens, swore black and blue he was he for the festival only and it was not an attempt to sneak in the back door or short cut any procress.

At the time a LOT of people called that bullshit, the greens are full of sh*t and lieing, most wise money said Gloria Wokie the green women was full of it just like writer dude. The greens and their pastys plus the dude deigned that vehemently.

Yet here we are and so is he.

The humanity or whatever aside, the greens lied, he lied and now NZ is stuck with him for better or worse.

35 minutes ago, Priscilla II said:

What a complete and utter falsehood.

Behrouz was invited to come here for a writers festival and made a fully legal and compliant application for refugee status after enduring six years of our Aussie neighbours abominable inhumane refugee policies.

Hang your head in shame with Armchair where’s your humanity.

He tried to queue jump the Australian immigration process. 

he came to NZ on a 1 month visitors visa, having represented that he had been accepted for resettlement in USA. Obviously had no intention of leaving NZ, overstayed with the help of his Green friend and the government being selective about enforcing the law. 

Suggest you start a thread in Small talk if you want to continue this discussion

^and yet, no outcry from any other party in the house.  

Its an irrelevance.  We have a quota - and its miserly (ironically even by comparison to our Tasman neighbours).  Any accepted refugee displaces another off the list, so its a zero-sum game.  Personally, I'm comfortable that we have taken an educated and published author and film-maker who has been employed here from the day he had legal ability to be in paid employment.

1 hour ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Actually it's not. He was invited here for the festival, that is correct. When he got here there was a wee whoha about it at which time he specifically said 'I'm here for the festival then leaving as per my visitors visa'. His sponsor, the Greens, swore black and blue he was he for the festival only and it was not an attempt to sneak in the back door or short cut any procress.

At the time a LOT of people called that bullshit, the greens are full of sh*t and lieing, most wise money said Gloria Wokie the green women was full of it just like writer dude. The greens and their pastys plus the dude deigned that vehemently.

Yet here we are and so is he.

The humanity or whatever aside, the greens lied, he lied and now NZ is stuck with him for better or worse.

What the Fark are you on next time you are seeking refugee status for being severely disconnected to reality I wish you all the best.

KM your endless bombastic belligerent bullshit really has dived to the pearly depths of idiocy.

Just thought that to try and keep the thread on track, and perhaps add a little sanity, here's a reminder of the Kiwis who've completed a successful NW passage:
2000    Evohe (25m yacht)    Stephen Kafka
2009    Tyhina (10.4m yacht)    Peter Elliot
2010    Astral Express (12.5m yacht)    Graeme Kendall single handed over two seasons
2011    Kotuku (12m yacht)    Ian Douglass
2012    Tokimata (13m yacht)    Peter Garden
2017    Larissa (13.7m cutter)    Mark Domney
2017    Tiama (15.2m skoop)    Hank Haazen

Just to add Australia have had only 6 successes including 3 by Roger Wallis (Philos in 2012 and again 2014, then in 2017 on Abel Tasman).

Thus it's a very select group that Pete Evans will soon join.
In total 123 yachts have made a successful transit, the first of course was the Norweigian 21m yacht Gjøa captained by Roald Amundsen in 1903.  
About 30 of these had to winter over and so took two seasons.

The journey is arduous and fraught with danger. And the trip has brought many a dream to a cold and premature end.
I can appreciate the frustration that Pete Evans will have experienced, no doubt that included all manner of preparation and planning; not to ignore considerable expense.
We can agree here on this forum, I hope, to at least all wish him a safe and successful voyage.