Damn the Rules, Rocna Inventor doing the NW Passage

9 hours ago, Priscilla II said:

Going to bang on.

This team of five million that you KM show little or any constructive contribution to apart from your belated renaissance  into local body politics which you endlessly self glow with an inflated incandescent fervour that bears little of substance to reality when you example one refugee as you have done.

Walk a yard in this mans life come back to us and report.

Just to keep the sub-thread of this thread going, I've reported that to the moderator. That's an out and out personal attack, of which there is no place for around here.

And more to the point, what has this refugee sh*t got to do with sailing or the North West passage? Can you ladies take your hand bags down to smalltalk or even better the political talk sub section and have your cat fight down there?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've reported this post. Adopting the language of the extreme right to describe people who support the rule of law sets a dangerous precedent for this forum. 

I'm getting offended by the amount of offense being taken around here. No one is calling anyone a w^&#$@r, a c**t or a fuckwit, which would be highly offensive. The OP is ju

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Tamure said:

Calm down fish and how about you stop? We dont need hall monitors to solve problems. That is not a personal attack he'll take it as a bloody compliment :) 

Facepalm. Just facepalm. ;-)

Wheels, based on Graeme Kendal's book, I'd expect some areas of clear water, but the substantial chance of lumpy bits (brash ice?) or the chance of getting iced in if you don't get through fast enough. It all depends on the weather systems at the time. Wind blows one way, you are fine, wind blows the other, and your channel can fill with ice overnight.

42 minutes ago, wheels said:

Does anyone know enough about what the NW passage is like this time of the year?? Will it be clear Ocean, or is it still mostly ice with the chance of a path through it or something like that?

Vicariously, and from reading/watching, there's never a time when it's clear of ice during the July-Sept cruising season. The issue is the amount of ice and it's interaction with the wind. All sailors take advice and rely on forecasts form the Canadian Ice Service. 

36 minutes ago, grantmc said:

Vicariously, and from reading/watching, there's never a time when it's clear of ice during the July-Sept cruising season. The issue is the amount of ice and it's interaction with the wind. All sailors take advice and rely on forecasts form the Canadian Ice Service. 

The challenge is always getting through Peel Sound with the risk of the wind driving ice down from the north.

2 hours ago, grantmc said:

Just thought that to try and keep the thread on track, and perhaps add a little sanity, here's a reminder of the Kiwis who've completed a successful NW passage:
2000    Evohe (25m yacht)    Stephen Kafka
2009    Tyhina (10.4m yacht)    Peter Elliot
2010    Astral Express (12.5m yacht)    Graeme Kendall single handed over two seasons
2011    Kotuku (12m yacht)    Ian Douglass
2012    Tokimata (13m yacht)    Peter Garden
2017    Larissa (13.7m cutter)    Mark Domney
2017    Tiama (15.2m skoop)    Hank Haazen

Just to add Australia have had only 6 successes including 3 by Roger Wallis (Philos in 2012 and again 2014, then in 2017 on Abel Tasman).

Thus it's a very select group that Pete Evans will soon join.
In total 123 yachts have made a successful transit, the first of course was the Norweigian 21m yacht Gjøa captained by Roald Amundsen in 1903.  
About 30 of these had to winter over and so took two seasons.

The journey is arduous and fraught with danger. And the trip has brought many a dream to a cold and premature end.
I can appreciate the frustration that Pete Evans will have experienced, no doubt that included all manner of preparation and planning; not to ignore considerable expense.
We can agree here on this forum, I hope, to at least all wish him a safe and successful voyage.

This 2h video of a bunch of Kiwis doing the transit is a good Lockdown watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ80U5VZ5zM&t=1912s

Whats the the Histrory of this boat? It looks like a sistership to the Sylfia of the Expedition Drenched boat 

58 minutes ago, Adrianp said:

This 2h video of a bunch of Kiwis doing the transit is a good Lockdown watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ80U5VZ5zM&t=1912s
Whats the the History of this boat? It looks like a sistership to the Sylfia of the Expedition Drenched boat.

I understand she was originally built in Whangarei. Sistership? don't know.
She did the Northwest Passage in 2008 with skipper Juan Ribos under Spanish flag.
And it is that journey that's featured in the Youtube video.

These days she is a NZ registered yacht and for the last few years she's been sailing around Western Europe.

Amodino1.jpg

14 hours ago, Priscilla II said:

What the Fark are you on next time you are seeking refugee status for being severely disconnected to reality I wish you all the best.

KM your endless bombastic belligerent bullshit really has dived to the pearly depths of idiocy.

Try learning the difference between informational and opinion.

I think doing so would be very wise for your blood pressure.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

Just to keep the sub-thread of this thread going, I've reported that to the moderator. That's an out and out personal attack, of which there is no place for around here.

No need, history shows that you'll be wasting your time. But there is zero stress here anyway as it's very easy to see Prisilla just didn't read properly and yet again has just assumed. Can we knock him for doing what we see happening everyday here by so many, inc the Mods, of course we can't.

On 30/08/2020 at 7:40 PM, Knot Me... maybe said:

Actually it's not. He was invited here for the festival, that is correct. When he got here there was a wee whoha about it at which time he specifically said 'I'm here for the festival then leaving as per my visitors visa'. His sponsor, the Greens, swore black and blue he was he for the festival only and it was not an attempt to sneak in the back door or short cut any procress.

At the time a LOT of people called that bullshit, the greens are full of sh*t and lieing, most wise money said Gloria Wokie the green women was full of it just like writer dude. The greens and their pastys plus the dude deigned that vehemently.

Yet here we are and so is he.

The humanity or whatever aside, the greens lied, he lied and now NZ is stuck with him for better or worse.

On 30/08/2020 at 9:36 PM, Priscilla II said:

What the Fark are you on next time you are seeking refugee status for being severely disconnected to reality I wish you all the best.

KM your endless bombastic belligerent bullshit really has dived to the pearly depths of idiocy.

Firstly, that is a bit harsh Prascilla. KM is darn close to being spot on. Also, he did not make any statement opposing the guy becoming a refugee here, but he was alluding to the process and errr, lets call it "creativeness" of those in the background involved in getting him refugee status here. The laws do not work this way and this actually makes it unfair for those waiting on seeking refugee status. This guy is no more special than anyone else in those Refugee camps waiting.