Please Read this First

If you are totally imppoverished and can't pay, buy me a rum next time you see me.

FWIW, I reckon you would be justified in deleting this "out" clause.

It stands to reason that if someone has just sold $100 worth of gear thanks to the reach of crew.org (which you paid good money for), then they should have $5 to send your way. Rum is delicious but doesn't pay the mortgage.

Perhaps a different story if they are selling up to pay for a life-saving operation but I would imagine that would be the exception.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FWIW, I reckon you would be justified in deleting this "out" clause.   It stands to reason that if someone has just sold $100 worth of gear thanks to the reach of crew.org (which you paid good money

Posted Images

I put that there coz some people grumbled at being expected to pay $5. I figure if they are such sad pathetic losers I don't care about them, but if someone is really struggling I won't sting them, hell I'll buy them a drink, it's happened to me when I was on the bones of my arse.

I arrived in Sydney around 1979 with very little money, I was literally trying to decide whether to buy food or get a room for the night. (Decided to buy food and try to break into a Kiwi boat I knew was at CYC).

I found a way to make money a day or two later and in 18months was able to pay Fossil to build the mightiest Cav 32 ever. Long story.

I was literally trying to decide whether to buy food or get a room for the night. (Decided to buy food and try to break into a Kiwi boat I knew was at CYC).

This part surprises me somewhat. Knowing your reputation with the ladies, I would have backed you to have found accommodation via that...er...route.

I found a way to make money a day or two later and in 18months was able to pay Fossil to build the mightiest Cav 32 ever. Long story.

Lookin' forward to the book - it will be an absolute bestseller. :thumbup: