Squadron Wednesday Nights - this is getting tedious now

Clive

Ok so no one is listening so what do we do?

Options.

Petition the race office

Split the class like the coastal

Switch to the Richmond Wednesday nights

Any other ideas?

Ok so no one is listening so what do we do?

Options.

Petition the race office

Split the class like the coastal

Switch to the Richmond Wednesday nights

Any other ideas?

I think the problem is no one (except me) has actually put forward a written complaint to the NZMYC.

Matthew Flynn sent me an email not long ago saying.. "No one has told us they will not come out on a Wednesday due to course length"

so email him and tell him how you feel, things will change pretty quick or they will lose half the fleet as I have said time and time again! hes the one who gave the thumbs up to make them so long, hes the one who can fix it

matthew.flynn@mcelroys.co.nz

Drive back over the bridge at 9:00 last night and all you could see down the harbour all the way to north head was nav lights. Sure didn't envy you.

The thing is Phil that all the keelboats finished within the time limit but 5 8.5s didnt because our couses are 30% longer than the A div courses. Its insane.

Oh but dont worry TVS finished in the light :thumbup: they looked bloody awesome coming up the top mark on their second lap as we came up to it on our first lap (I was on Voom)!

I think the problem is no one (except me) has actually put forward a written complaint to the NZMYC.

Yes I agree, I have emailed the office asking for the reason for the course choice based on the conditions. I will be following it up based on the reply.

my count is seven 8.5 plus the exodus

Creepy

Rental

Borderline

Tigre

Deeds

Voom

Epsom

Thats 2/3s of the fleet.

thats just great, the best 8.5 turnout yet and none finish what a fucken pisstake

I have emailed the office asking for the reason for the course choice based on the conditions. I will be following it up based on the reply.

we race with NZs top club with a great group of volunteers running the racing.

Only problem is the way I understand it the PRO on the day is given no guidelines as to which course to run in what conditions, its left up to him.

So their reply will be along the lines of

"this is the course the PRO thought was appropriate based on the conditions. Sorry you didn't finish, we will advise the PRO that you complained, thank you for the feedback"

The only way things will change by the looks is by saying you wont race unless it changes. sad but true.

I wont be sailing on Voom again unless we go back to the A div courses.

You're not the only ones. We didn't get back in until well after nine, racing in the A division.

yes but the problem is we do an even longer course.

Theres two separate issues

1. The course number chosen (doesnt worry me, sh*t happens, races are run by volunteers and good on them.)

2. The fact the 8.5s are doing a course length optimized for an Orma 60 a lot longer than the A div. Anyone with half a brain can see the only way it'l work is everyone except the top 4 boats stop racing.

Well good on the NZMYC its already happening, thanks guys, The two slowest are gone already, and more to follow

That was a great course if either there was more breeze and /or the tide was not going out... But I think if we can get a few more multis between the TVS and 8.5 fleet we would be able to have a multi A fleet which sails the longer course and a multi B fleet that sails the mono A div course.

Timberwolf and Frantic will be back soon plus maybe in the not too distant future the Ákarana' cats if that gets off the ground. That will make a pretty good multi A fleet and the 8.5 fleet is already great and growing.. which could be the Multi B fleet ?? Or sail in the fleet that has the courses that you prefer??

Un-Offically with Offical notification to follow:[size=150][/size]

The course choice was bad, and acknowledged.

From next race day the courses will be A division courses.

With correct course choice and shorter tracks, the length will reduce by about 40%.

As stated - offical notifciation to follow.

I think not just the multi hull course needs to be addressed very poor course was choosen we were in A division and finsihed about 8.45 just to late by the time you get in and pack the boat up the squady are doing themselves out of bar takings effectively.

Cheers Gappy

A fair chunk of B division didn't finish inside the time limit either. I thought it was a rather ambitious course given the forecast.

Well.... I tried to give you a push.... :oops:

Sorry about that....

The reality was that it was a mistake right from the start to call such a long course, as was shown by many other divisions not completing in time.

I fail to understand why the RO didnt shorten the course when it was blaitantly obvious that it was a cockup by the second of 5 or 6 rounding marks, or even finish it at Bean Rock Bouy. That is what an experienced RO would have and should have done.

We do understand that we wont normally get much of a race on Wednesdays, the size and speed differencial is an issue in our fleet, and maybe we do need to split it? No one wants multis to become disenfranchised and not to race.

You guys do need to make sure you dont get your courses shortened too much though. The reality is that in most conditions you are faster that the front of A Division and after all you are there to race not drink beer....yeh right..... but in the light when it all comes down to waterline length its all over for small boats!!!!

We are happy to do what ever but dont make it any shorter than A div please.

Last Richmond when they set an 11 mile course with 20knots of air we chose not to race and did a quick whip around Rangi cos we couldnt face finishing in 20 minutes.

Last Richmond when they set an 11 mile course with 20knots of air we chose not to race and did a quick whip around Rangi cos we couldnt face finishing in 20 minutes.

This is really why we need to split it. It's kinda like having Wired and a Young 88 in the same div...

This is really why we need to split it. It's kinda like having Wired and a Young 88 in the same div...

Point was we are happy to flag it when it really doesnt suit us.

You guys would have beaten Wired in those conditions for sure.

We are happy to either split or do just A Div lengh courses, what ever you guys want, but just be mindfull that it will be sh*t for all if we end up with nights of 2 multi divisions with 2 boats each.

And also if we arnt in Booboo's division it would be unsportsmanlike to hunt him? wouldnt it?

Archived