Christmas cruise plans?

Fogg

Im off to Kawau christmas eve night on the Mercenary, then over to the Barrier the afternoon of christmas day. Hoping to get around the back at some point to the Medlands. Weather will decide that.

See ya at Smokehouse for a rum. If Squid had sent me a flag i would fly it :-P

We will be headding to the barrier via Kawau tomorrow (23rd) hopefully, as soon as I have finished the new furling headsail! Plan to try and get down the backside and/or the mercs if we get some decent weather, back on the 5th. Fitzroy for new year, just listen for the loud music- I will be somewhere near there......

The new boat is a maurauder called Cordite, picture attached, nice wee family cruiser. If you see us, come over for a beer. We will have 2 screaming kids on board thou so beware!

Copy of DSCF0583.JPG

Congrats on the new boat booboo. Family wasn't keen to cruise on the rental? :D

We will try and get to barrier for new years as well. Plans all a bit weather dependent for us that live under a boom tent...

Hi all im at whitianga now on 2 to tango , heading to mercs tomorrow the 3rd and then up to blind bay to catch up with Vorpal blade, so look out for all the kids having a party and me and Bll having a beer or five .cheers lance 2 to tango :thumbup:

We will be headding to the barrier via Kawau tomorrow (23rd) hopefully, as soon as I have finished the new furling headsail! Plan to try and get down the backside and/or the mercs if we get some decent weather, back on the 5th. Fitzroy for new year, just listen for the loud music- I will be somewhere near there......

The new boat is a maurauder called Cordite, picture attached, nice wee family cruiser. If you see us, come over for a beer. We will have 2 screaming kids on board thou so beware!

We actually did make it out to Barrier for New Year in the end booboo, tried txting you to catch up but couldn't track you down! Reema was esp keen to see the little fella again!

Yes we did see you come into kiwiriki bay but unfortunatley we were headding off back to kawau.

the new boat worked out really well and so good in fact that we just went out for the weekend again. nice to be able to just load some clothes and fresh food then head away, a big change from loading 3 car loads on the SR26 every time!

The kids loved it too.

Looking at the Crew.org.nz stats yesterday it looks like 90 % of you are back at work.

Or well connected from the anchorage?

I find that one weird, if I go away on a boat, I don't want to be "connected". Difrent strokes I guess.

Some of us like to stay connected to check things like personal email, get better weather updates than you'll glean from Ch20/21 and of course to check out crew.org. Well, maybe not the last one.

ahhhh the xmas cruise, the perfect way to get away from it all............or maybe just take it all with you

Geeeezzuss, lets count the many ways the law is being busted with that one :lol:

Knot sure which I like best, the full lounge suit or the palms :lol: :lol:

I find that one weird, if I go away on a boat, I don't want to be "connected". Difrent strokes I guess.

This year I left the phone on for TXT's due to being infested with teenage frontbums who can't talk and only use their thumbs. One of the lazy cows sent me a TXT asking for a bottle of coke. I was lounging on the poop deck and she was on the bloody foredeck, 45-50ft away. She got no coke nor a reply.

For me leaving the ph on was pushing technology limits while aboard.

Haha, If i leave the phone in the kitchen at home the little cow sends a txt, then i have to get up and walk to check it, it says "haha made you get up.

Another time she changed her name to God on my phone, then sent a txt at 6 am Sunday saying "get up and praise me".

Haha, If i leave the phone in the kitchen at home the little cow sends a txt, then i have to get up and walk to check it, it says "haha made you get up.

Another time she changed her name to God on my phone, then sent a txt at 6 am Sunday saying "get up and praise me".

:lol: :lol: I know which one did that!!! :lol: :thumbup: :lol:

Come on guys it's cruising. I have done some big miles been down to visit SD have Fusion set up with wireless access point on 3G. It's like being at home but away. I have been back in Akl 2 days but haven't been home yet. Sailing north tomorrow. Staying conected extends your time away :-)

Come on guys it's cruising. I have done some big miles been down to visit SD have Fusion set up with wireless access point on 3G. It's like being at home but away. I have been back in Akl 2 days but haven't been home yet. Sailing north tomorrow. Staying conected extends your time away :-)

Exactly. Unless you bugger up your online share portfolio - in which case you either need to rush home to sort things out or sail away far and fast!

Archived