Marine Speakers

The ones that do 80% of perfect for 20% of the price?

You want a boat that floats 80% of the time for 20% of the price? :D

You get what you pay for. And JBL's ( for example ) are more expensive. But if you were contemplating a circumnavigation, would you want a Bendytoe first 45 or an Amel Maramu 54, for example. Specially in hurricane with 100knot winds..... Cheap speakers will do an ok job for a while, but after a while, the bulkheads come unglued and things turn pear shaped. Same as a bendytoe will get rusty voice coils. The Amel will just keep on keeping on.

What I mean is that the last 20% of quality will cost one 80% more. There must be speakers (like JBL) that can suffice. Any speaker will get trashed in a cockpit, it's just a matter of time, so why pay heaps more for an indiscernible improvement in sound and perhaps a year or two more for the hardware.

So buy twice as many as you need and have a spare pair for planned replacement. KISS principle is it knot :?:

Hey guys how do you keep it all power up . I run 4 batteries and a 9.9 outboard and run out of power very fast wots the secret on keeping the batteries up? I'm thinking of putting a alternator on the outboard ,say 40amp ,side mounting the alternator run a new pulley off The cam pulley, wire it in , has anyone try this ? Cheers

Archived